Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Fulton County Indictment 4.0 This Week?  (Read 7415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD: Fulton County Indictment 4.0 This Week?
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2023, 01:29:30 pm »
Georgia Indictment: Trump Tweet Saying Election Hearings Were on TV ‘an Overt Act in Furtherance of the Conspiracy’

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 14 Aug 2023

The Georgia indictment against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants cites Trump’s tweets as acts purportedly made “in furtherance of the conspiracy.”

On Monday, a Fulton County, Georgia, grand jury handed down a 98-page, 41-count indictment. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s nearly three-year-long investigation into Trump culminated on Monday when jurors met for approximately ten hours and then handed down the indictment.

Trump is being charged under Georgia’s RICO statute, among others, which is the same statute Willis used to bring charges against Atlanta rap star Young Thug. The RICO statute was designed to dismantle organized crime groups.

The indictment cites 12 of Trump’s tweets, and one from former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, as “overt” acts made “in furtherance of the conspiracy.”

Some tweets were sent by Trump on January 6, 2021, while other posts encouraged people to watch public hearings about the allegations of voting irregularities.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/14/georgia-indictment-cites-trumps-tweets-overt-acts-furtherance-conspiracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2023, 01:54:08 pm »
It isn't on its last legs, It is on its ass, likely sitting on its thumbs. It's a disgrace.

It is a disgrace, but I think that the GOP died on J6 (all by design).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2023, 02:10:02 pm »
This DA just lied to the world: Kash Patel

Kash Patel discusses the unsealed indictment for former President Trump and 18 others in Georgia.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2023, 02:27:30 pm »

Trump, Giuliani, Meadows among 19 indicted in Georgia 2020 election racketeering case; Trump rages as 'Witch Hunt continues'

Former President Donald Trump and 18 of his allies and supporters were indicted Monday by a Georgia grand jury in connection with his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the Peach State.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/14/georgia-grand-jury-hands-up-indictment-in-trump-2020-election-investigation/
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2023, 04:42:03 pm »
Pace myself? You are on a posting frenzy since you want to get ahead of the curb on spinning the latest crazy mostly self-inflicted Trump news and tell me to "pace myself".... Every day, week by week, month by month, year after year 76 thousand + posts and I need to "pace myself"

Yes @Sighlass   Pace spewing your snark.   People found this a pretty interesting thread --- over 1,700 times in a matter of hours.  So, I and others must be doing something right.  And, while important, try and remember the news really isn't *all* about your feelings.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2023, 04:53:12 pm »
You would be easier to take seriously if you weren't  such a condescending  old bitch. 

:silly:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2023, 04:59:52 pm »
 :pop41:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2023, 05:01:36 pm »
You would be easier to take seriously if you weren't  such a condescending  old bitch.

lol...well played.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2023, 05:02:56 pm »
Trump Faces 76.5 Years in Prison in Georgia; 91 Counts, 727.5 Years Overall, Plus Death Penalty

Joel B. Pollak 15 Aug 2023

Former President Donald Trump could face up to 76.5 years in state prison if he is convicted and receives the maximum sentence on all 13 counts he faces in the indictment filed by Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Willis late Monday night.

Here are the counts:

1 – Violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act, O.C.G.A. § 16-4-4(c) – up to 20 years

5 – Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1 – up to three years

9 – Conspiracy to Commit Impersonating a Public Officer – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-23 – two and-a-half years (in Georgia, the crime of conspiracy carries up to half the maximum penalty for the substantive offense, which in this case is five years)

11 – Conspiracy to Commit Forgery in the First Degree – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b) – seven and-a-half years (half of 15)

13 – Conspiracy to Commit False Statements and Writings – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20 – two and-a-half years (see 29, below)

15 – Conspiracy to Commit Filing False Documents – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 and 16-10-20.1(b)(1) – five years

17 – Conspiracy to Commit Forgery in the First Degree – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b) – seven and-a-half years (half of 15)

19 – Conspiracy to Commit False Statements and Writings – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20 – two and-a-half years (see 29, below)

27 – Filing False Documents – O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20.1(b)(1) – ten years

28 – Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1 – up to three years
29 – False Statements and Writings – O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20 – five years

38 – Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1 – up to three years

39 – False Statements and Writings – O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20 – five years

In addition, Trump faces:

136 years in 34 counts in the New York case, involving alleged false business records in the Stormy Daniels affair
    460 years in the 40 counts in the federal case in Miami, involving alleged mishandling of presidential documents
    55 years in 4 counts in the federal case in Washington, D.C., involving 2020 election challenges and the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot

Thus Trump could face up to 727.5 years in prison. The latter charge in D.C. also includes the possibility of the death penalty.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/15/trump-faces-76-5-years-in-prison-in-georgia-indictment-727-5-overall-plus-death-penalty/
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2023, 06:24:12 pm »
And there I said you had mellowed out.  happy77

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2023, 06:32:54 pm »

I take exception to that statement.  There's really no way of knowing how old she is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2023, 06:33:35 pm »
 :dontfeed:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2023, 06:39:18 pm »
11 – Conspiracy to Commit Forgery in the First Degree – O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b) – seven and-a-half years (half of 15)

There is no such offense.  The section cited:  O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b)

There is no 'conspiracy' mentioned.  Section b:

A person commits the offense of forgery in the first degree when with the intent to defraud he or she knowingly makes, alters, or possesses any writing, other than a check, in a fictitious name or in such manner that the writing as made or altered purports to have been made by another person, at another time, with different provisions, or by authority of one who did not give such authority and utters or delivers such writing.

There is no connection between this statute and anything Trump did.  However, this is EXACTLY what Fulton County election workers did in the dead of night with no GOP election observers present.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2023, 06:42:01 pm »
From the article….

Thus Trump could face up to 727.5 years in prison. The latter charge in D.C. also includes the possibility of the death penalty.

Murderers and gang leaders don’t even get that in DC
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2023, 06:50:35 pm »
And there I said you had mellowed out.  happy77

To err is human!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2023, 06:53:20 pm »
1 – Violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act, O.C.G.A. § 16-4-4(c) – up to 20 years

Wrong statute.  Georgia RICO law is O.C.G.A. § 16-14-4

(a)  It shall be unlawful for any person, through a pattern of racketeering activity or proceeds derived therefrom, to acquire or maintain, directly or indirectly, any interest in or control of any enterprise, real property, or personal property of any nature, including money.

(b)  It shall be unlawful for any person employed by or associated with any enterprise to conduct or participate in, directly or indirectly, such enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity.

(c)  It shall be unlawful for any person to conspire or endeavor to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section. A person violates this subsection when:

(1)  He or she together with one or more persons conspires to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and any one or more of such persons commits any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy; or

(2)  He or she endeavors to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and commits any overt act to effect the object of the endeavor.

There is NOTHING in Sections (a) or (b) that even remotely describe the very worst of what Trump is being accused of.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2023, 06:56:22 pm »
Wrong! you impotent, hate filled loser. I am neither old nor a bitch.

I will, however, confess to condescension-- on occasion. It's just SO damn easy.  :laugh:

@Wingnut

Someone said you were hanging on to 60....by your finger nails and for dear life. 

So it must be true.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2023, 07:01:35 pm »
I take exception to that statement.  There's really no way of knowing how old she is.
@DCPatriot knows but won't tell.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2023, 07:03:02 pm »
Knock off the personal attacks..
Support the USO

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2023, 07:04:06 pm »
Someone said you were hanging on to 60....by your finger nails and for dear life. 

I hope to, someday @Wingnut .. but not for many, many years.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 07:04:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2023, 07:06:07 pm »
There is no such offense.  The section cited:  O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b)

There is no 'conspiracy' mentioned.  Section b:

A person commits the offense of forgery in the first degree when with the intent to defraud he or she knowingly makes, alters, or possesses any writing, other than a check, in a fictitious name or in such manner that the writing as made or altered purports to have been made by another person, at another time, with different provisions, or by authority of one who did not give such authority and utters or delivers such writing.

There is no connection between this statute and anything Trump did.  However, this is EXACTLY what Fulton County election workers did in the dead of night with no GOP election observers present.

There is a general conspiracy statute, Ga. Code Ann. §16-4-8, that makes it illegal to conspire to commit a crime.  "Crime" for these purposes is defined in Ga. Code Ann. §16-2-1.

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2023, 07:10:59 pm »
@DCPatriot knows but won't tell.

Relax.  @DCPatriot does not know my age, either. 

No one's thought to ask me.   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2023, 07:12:07 pm »

Trump, Giuliani, Meadows among 19 indicted in Georgia 2020 election racketeering case; Trump rages as 'Witch Hunt continues'

Former President Donald Trump and 18 of his allies and supporters were indicted Monday by a Georgia grand jury in connection with his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the Peach State.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/14/georgia-grand-jury-hands-up-indictment-in-trump-2020-election-investigation/

Trump is beginning to show his age and more so, he is beginning to look defeated. Not good. He's been through a lot and they aren't finished with him yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2023, 07:12:56 pm »
Well, since the subject now is how old members are, I’m not shy of declaring my age

I am 57.

Anybody wanna go next?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2023, 07:14:52 pm »
It's rather amazing, in a disturbing sort of way, how much of me fills the day for some folks.  I guess I'm happy to help.  happy77