Author Topic: Trump unleashes tirade against Jan. 6 trial judge, ex-Ga. lieutenant governor  (Read 1278 times)

Online Kamaji

Trump unleashes tirade against Jan. 6 trial judge, ex-Ga. lieutenant governor

By Ryan King
August 14, 2023

Donald Trump raged Monday morning against both the judge overseeing his 2020 election subversion case and a former Georgia lieutenant governor who is set to testify this week before an Atlanta grand jury weighing evidence against the former president and his allies.

Trump, who was put on notice about “inflammatory” rhetoric by US District Judge Tanya Chutkan last week, fumed on Truth Social over a report that former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan had agreed to testify before the Fulton County panel Tuesday.

“I am reading reports that failed former Lt. Governor of Georgia, Jeff [sic] Duncan, will be testifying before the Fulton County Grand Jury. He shouldn’t,” Trump posted.

“I barely know him but he was, right from the beginning of this Witch Hunt, a nasty disaster for those looking into the Election Fraud that took place in Georgia,” the 77-year-old went on. “He refused having a Special Session to find out what went on, became very unpopular with Republicans (I refused to endorse him!), and fought the TRUTH all the way.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/14/trump-unleashes-tirade-against-fulton-county-witness-jan-6-judge/

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

He's going to earn himself a gag order the hard way, apparently.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess when you hit rock bottom, Trump keeps digging for the basement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well there has been little love lost between these two (Geoff Duncan) since Jan. 6th.... nothing like stoking the fires with some Rino (just judging from his twitter page which he attacked those that didn't like masks mandates/Covid shots to supporting Liz Chaney).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess when you hit rock bottom, Trump keeps digging for the basement.

The only problem with that is that he happens to be right on this.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:facepalm2:

He's going to earn himself a gag order the hard way, apparently.

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

We’ve reached the stage of the crumbling American Empire where prosecutors will show you they’ve rigged the courts to crush dissent & influence election results

This would’ve been unthinkable just 10 years ago

3:08 PM · Aug 14, 2023

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The question is, will YOU get visiting rights to go see your boss?

She can write letters like the serial killer groupies' do.

Offline cato potatoe

I may have mentioned this before, but GeorgiaMax is located in Butts County.  Some people refer to it as ButtMax.

Offline Hoodat

“I barely know him but he was, right from the beginning of this Witch Hunt, a nasty disaster for those looking into the Election Fraud that took place in Georgia,” the 77-year-old went on. “He refused having a Special Session to find out what went on, became very unpopular with Republicans (I refused to endorse him!), and fought the TRUTH all the way.”

Trump is an idiot.  Only the Governor can call a special session.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Trump is correct that the Georgia election was effectively taken away from him.  But the legal arguments he has offered have been idiotic at best.  And it did him no favors to send a NY lawyer with zero knowledge of Georgia election laws to advocate on his behalf.  Just having a somewhat competent and cohesive legal strategy would have won him the support he needed to effectively challenge the Secretary of State.  But instead, he let Giuliani blather off incessantly about fraud, fraud, fraud - effectively pissing off the Lt. Gov who was the only untainted person in higher office.

Raffensperger broke the law.  Repeatedly.  Yet instead of pressing that point, Trump calls the man up personally asking him to declare the election for Trump.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

The question is, will YOU get visiting rights to go see your boss?

:silly:

Offline kevindavis007

Trump is correct that the Georgia election was effectively taken away from him.  But the legal arguments he has offered have been idiotic at best.  And it did him no favors to send a NY lawyer with zero knowledge of Georgia election laws to advocate on his behalf.  Just having a somewhat competent and cohesive legal strategy would have won him the support he needed to effectively challenge the Secretary of State.  But instead, he let Giuliani blather off incessantly about fraud, fraud, fraud - effectively pissing off the Lt. Gov who was the only untainted person in higher office.

Raffensperger broke the law.  Repeatedly.  Yet instead of pressing that point, Trump calls the man up personally asking him to declare the election for Trump.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What law did Raffensperger break?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

We’ve reached the stage of the crumbling American Empire where prosecutors will show you they’ve rigged the courts to crush dissent & influence election results

This would’ve been unthinkable just 10 years ago

3:08 PM · Aug 14, 2023

What a Republican losing in GA??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Wingnut

What a Republican losing in GA??

Random thought.....
I miss Zell Miller.

Offline kevindavis007

Random thought.....
I miss Zell Miller.

Same..

Offline mountaineer

Derrick Evans
@DerrickEvans_WV
Georgia Republican Governor Brian Kemp either announces a full pardon for President Trump or he can kiss his political career goodbye.
The MAGA base will never forget nor will we forgive.
9:36 PM · Aug 14, 2023

GOPPouncer
@Mellecon
What’s hilarious besides the fact that Kemp doesn’t have this power is that Trump and his minions have shit all over people like Kemp and now they want Kemp to ride in and save Trump.  Why again?

Apparently, the governor of Ga. has no power under that's state's statutes and constitution to pardon. Only the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles has that authority.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

What law did Raffensperger break?

- Allowed counties to increase the number of drop boxes in excess of state limitations.

- Accepted money from Dominion for switching over to their machines in violation of State Law.

- Allowed Dominion direct access to voting machines over the internet in violation of State Law.

- Failed to monitor ballot drop boxes in violation of State Law.

- Allowed software changes to be made on voting machines less than a month before election without re-certification in violation of State Law.

- Allowed acceptance of ballots days after election in violation of State Law.

- Cut a deal in a court case where he unilaterally ordered changes in election rules in violation of Georgia law and the US Constitution.

- Certified ballots where no chain of custody existed in violation of State Law.

- Certified the double-counting of ballots in violation of State Law.

- Removed the wording notifying the legal procedure for ballot spoilage in violation of State Law.

- Allowed different standards to be applied for ballot spoilage to be applied in violation of SCOTUS Bush v. Gore decision and the 14th Amendment.

- Failed to follow signature verification for absentee ballots as required by State Law.

- Allowed the tallying of election totals without GOP observers present in violation of State sunshine laws.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-