Author Topic: Scott Morefield - Why I Soured On Trump  (Read 3665 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Scott Morefield - Why I Soured On Trump
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2023, 09:37:26 pm »
So, how are you helping grandma?

Any luck in finding who the briefer is that says we should be starving grandma?

And this is a dumb question. But since you asked, I don’t have any living grandmas. And as far as feeding people, my wife and I just happen to give to our local food pantry.

Let’s be honest. Trump has absolutely no plans to reform Social Security and Medicare except repeat Democrat party talking points.

It would be nice if Trump supporters would learn basic economics
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 10:10:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2023, 09:39:52 pm »
Or we just continue to print massive amounts of money to fund these programs thereby bringing on inflation were grandma can’t afford to buy food with her check

So grandma will still get her check. It will just be worthless.

In other words, the only person who wants to starve grandma is Donald Trump.

Online LMAO

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2023, 09:41:32 pm »
In other words, the only person who wants to starve grandma is Donald Trump.

I think what he’s trying to do is repeat the strategy that the Democrat party had with the elderly for many years with success

Good politics don’t necessarily make for a good policy. But you can’t defeat math
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2023, 09:45:58 pm »
In March, DeSantis told Fox News, “We’re not going to mess with Social Security as Republicans.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/where-2024-republican-presidential-candidates-stand-on-social-security.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2023, 09:48:18 pm »
In March, DeSantis told Fox News, “We’re not going to mess with Social Security as Republicans.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/where-2024-republican-presidential-candidates-stand-on-social-security.html

And that’s a promise no politician should be making.

They have been countless articles about the insolvency of both programs. I’ve seen people debate ideas on what should be done with them.

But I’ve never seen one idea that advocated throwing grandma and grandpa’s off of them

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2023, 09:56:00 pm »
“Starving grandparents” is a Democrat party talking point
Here's what to do with SS: stop giving out disability payments to people who aren't actually disabled, or whose so-called disabilities are self-inflicted. You're obese? Your problem. You're an addict? Your problem. Not a disability that justifies Social Security payments (especially to those who never paid in a dime).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2023, 10:00:26 pm »
Here's what to do with SS: stop giving out disability payments to people who aren't actually disabled, or whose so-called disabilities are self-inflicted. You're obese? Your problem. You're an addict? Your problem. Not a disability that justifies Social Security payments (especially to those who never paid in a dime).

I got one for you

Back in the mid 90s when I worked in the emergency room, we had a patient that was on disability for… Nicotine addiction

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2023, 10:07:07 pm »
Back to the “starving grandma” claim

Trump tried to pressure the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates to zero or negative.

What do you think that would do to grandma’s savings? And throw inflation on top of that

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2023, 10:28:59 pm »

My mom lives with us, for about 7 years now. And for many years before that my wife and I took her to wherever she needed to go and covered most of the costs of keeping her own home next door to ours.

You?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2023, 11:11:31 pm »

He clarified that he was talking about benefits for current seniors, and has said this:

Ron DeSantis is eyeing cutting Social Security for people 'in their 30s and 40s' — but 'totally not' for seniors

https://www.businessinsider.com/social-security-desantis-eyes-cuts-for-younger-americans-not-seniors-2023-7

But that's one reason to attend debates - to get clear, specific answers from candidates on different issues.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:21:44 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2023, 11:24:25 pm »

By voting against those who rob her by devaluing her money and lowering her standard of living.  By voting against people like Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2023, 11:27:50 pm »
By voting against those who rob her by devaluing her money and lowering her standard of living.  By voting against people like Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

Geez I hope at least one of the candidates calls out Tumpy on his silly Freedom City bull crap.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2023, 11:34:04 pm »
He clarified that he was talking about benefits for current seniors, and has said this:

Ron DeSantis is eyeing cutting Social Security for people 'in their 30s and 40s' — but 'totally not' for seniors

https://www.businessinsider.com/social-security-desantis-eyes-cuts-for-younger-americans-not-seniors-2023-7

But that's one reason to attend debates - to get clear, specific answers from candidates on different issues.

That helps. I agree about the debates. The key being those questions are asked.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2023, 11:43:03 pm »

B-I-N-G-O

Over 30% of Social Security payments go out to people below retirement age.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2023, 11:44:51 pm »
That helps. I agree about the debates. The key being those questions are asked.

I just want to hear someone address what is by far the greatest threat facing the American people today  -  the Federal government.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2023, 11:51:09 pm »
It may be a democrat talking point, but from the months of conversation here in Briefer City a hungry grandma is small price to pay to get the US  back to the most critical principle:  a balanced budget without debt.

When given the choice, pureblood conservatives always choose words over people.  It's why they're politically toxic.
Have you seen the obesity rate in this country? Starvation is the least of our problems.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2023, 11:57:06 pm »
Pro tip:  There are principles at stake that are more critical to our survival than your clarion call to starve grandma.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

What fresh new bullshit is this?
A new talking point from Troof Social?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2023, 11:58:59 pm »
It may be a democrat talking point, but from the months of conversation here in Briefer City a hungry grandma is small price to pay to get the US  back to the most critical principle:  a balanced budget without debt.

When given the choice, pureblood conservatives always choose words over people.  It's why they're politically toxic.

oh what bullcrap.  :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2023, 12:04:24 am »

We take care of our own. Too bad your big government costs so much, or we'd be able to take care of our own much better.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2023, 12:14:25 am »
Geez I hope at least one of the candidates calls out Tumpy on his silly Freedom City bull crap.

But, but, butt... they're for grandma. We NEED to spend twice what we make in GNP so grandma won't starve.

Utterly ridiculous, defenseless bullcrap.

But I got a good belly laugh off it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2023, 12:45:48 am »
But, but, butt... they're for grandma. We NEED to spend twice what we make in GNP so grandma won't starve.

Utterly ridiculous, defenseless bullcrap.

Sounds like something a Democrat would say.  Oh, wait .  .  .

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2023, 12:45:49 am »

But that reasoning never stops just with grandma, does it?  It's why Trump favored universal coverage for health insurance, why he wants to build federal camps for drug addicts, why he wants the "Freedom Cities", and why he signed those stimulus bills including those nice juicy checks for everyone.

Populists buy votes with programs that benefit their constituency because there are always more important issues than that annoying conservative desire to control the budget.  You buy votes with government money to get and stay in power, and ignore the fiscal stuff because it'll be someone else's problem down the road.

They have more important things to address.

Online LMAO

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2023, 02:31:28 am »
But that reasoning never stops just with grandma, does it?  It's why Trump favored universal coverage for health insurance, why he wants to build federal camps for drug addicts, why he wants the "Freedom Cities", and why he signed those stimulus bills including those nice juicy checks for everyone.

Populists buy votes with programs that benefit their constituency because there are always more important issues than that annoying conservative desire to control the budget.  You buy votes with government money to get and stay in power, and ignore the fiscal stuff because it'll be someone else's problem down the road.

And then the populists boasts about “his generosity”

Here’s a perfect example that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/14/donald-trump-coronavirus-farmer-bailouts-359932

The massive payments have been a political boon to Trump in farm country — he tweeted in January that he hoped the money would be “the thing they will most remember” — but risk creating a culture of dependency, as farmers and ranchers work the bonus subsidies into their financial plans when making large, up-front investments in seed, feed and farm machinery.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2023, 03:24:52 am »
Sooner or later, you run out of other peoples money - Maggie Thatcher

Online Kamaji

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2023, 10:34:32 am »

They have more important things to address.

:thumbsup: