Author Topic: Scott Morefield - Why I Soured On Trump  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Scott Morefield - Why I Soured On Trump
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 10:34:18 pm »
Haven’t you heard he’s the only one who can “save America?”

America was created by and endures because of ideals, not because of one man.  The elevation of one man to being the only hope for the country actual is evidence of how far we have strayed from those founding principles.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2023, 02:30:21 am »
I don't think it will be like that in future primaries without Trump. Maybe if there is a hardcore Trumper as a candidate, but otherwise I think it is more likely to return to normal competition without the urge to destroy.

And a return to President Dole, President McCain, President Romney.

The problem, IMO, for a segment of the Republican/Conservative population is their political muscle memory is failure.  Nothing makes them feel more warm, fuzzy and secure than a Republican concession speech delivered with acceptance and grace. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:32:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2023, 02:34:31 am »
And a return to President Dole, President McCain, President Romney.

The problem, IMO, for a segment of the Republican/Conservative population is their political muscle memory is failure.  Nothing makes them feel more warm, fuzzy and secure than a Republican concession speech delivered with acceptance and grace.

Odd that all you held up never made it to President.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2023, 02:36:21 am »
America was created by and endures because of ideals, not because of one man.  The elevation of one man to being the only hope for the country actual is evidence of how far we have strayed from those founding principles.

That's right.  :beer:

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2023, 02:38:37 am »
   I agree with you @Right_in_Virginia the GOP is dead to me, go ahead, burn it down.  Your boss bought it for a cheap lift of his skirt.  It wasn't worth a $hit anyway, hasn't been since Eisenhower/Goldwater/Reagan.

Burn Down The Mission - Elton John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEQkRq_xrw
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2023, 03:04:21 am »
The only thing keeping the Democrats on life support is Trump and the “MAGA Republicans.”

Otherwise, outside of the abortion issue, can anybody name one reason to vote Democrat? The country is in shambles under their watch. We have a compromised president not just cognitively but ethically and, it increasingly appears, legally. The cities they’ve run for decades are crime ridden cesspools. People are fleeing the states they dominate

The Democrats are vulnerable. But many of these conditions existed in 2022 and MAGA still couldn’t win and the cognitively challenged president changed his midterm fortunes by successfully defining “ MAGA Republicans” to the voters at large

Of course, the “MAGA Republican” well will run dry at some point. But, for the time being, it’s working

:thumbsup:

Trump is the "Me Me Me" candidate and has never stopped being such, unfortunately his followers think each of those "Me's" were them instead of Trump himself. Will they wake up, seems unlikely in time to save this next election?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 03:05:50 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2023, 03:07:56 am »
Odd that all you held up never made it to President.

It was rather the point    :whistle:

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2023, 03:14:35 am »
America was created by and endures because of ideals, not because of one man. 

America was born because the people chose to stand up and fight......  not incessantly wring their hands and implore others to be nice.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2023, 04:01:49 am »
America was born because the people chose to stand up and fight......  not incessantly wring their hands and implore others to be nice.

Right. Stand up and fight for ideals... otherwise known as principles.

The principles come first.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2023, 04:06:54 am »
It was rather the point    :whistle:

Funny that... because I didn't vote for any of them... Just like I won't vote for your boy... because he's more of the same to me. Just louder and more boorish.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 12:41:42 pm »

There was an election in 2020 that you and the candidate you support claim was flat-out stolen. If there was ever a moment to "stand up and fight"...wasn't that it?

So what were you doing on January 6?  More clickety-clacking behind your M2-.50 cal keyboard?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 01:34:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 12:47:50 pm »
There was an election in 2020 that you and the candidate you support claim was flat-out stolen. If there was ever a moment to "stand up and fight...wasn't that it?

So what were you doing on January 6?  More clickety-clacking behind your M2-.50 cal keyboard?

:silly:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2023, 12:49:26 pm »
Right. Stand up and fight for ideals... otherwise known as principles.

The principles come first.

They always say that -- "stand up and fight".  As if Trump saying stupid sh1t! And people attending circle-jerk rallies constitutes "fighting".

Most of them wouldn't know a real fight if it clubbed them over the head.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 01:23:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2023, 01:34:19 pm »
For some people, "fighting" means nothing more than typing furiously on a computer keyboard. It doesn't seem to mean running for office, serving as an officer in the local party, registering people to vote, or much else that requires effort.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2023, 01:52:57 pm »
For some people, "fighting" means nothing more than typing furiously on a computer keyboard. It doesn't seem to mean running for office, serving as an officer in the local party, registering people to vote, or much else that requires effort.

I just hate the euphemism of "fighting" as it is being used by many Trumpers in particular.  Not only is it just lame, but it confuses the critical issue of how to best oppose leftism.

There are two, and only two, paths to follow, and they are mutually exclusive.  If you still believe that we are a Republic and that elections can be won, then you should be laser-focused on winning elections.   That means crafting a message and approach designed to elect the most conservative candidate possible.  And that means maximizing votes as much as possible while still sticking to principles.   If you are deliberately, or are indifferent to, alienating potential voters, then you are screwing up big-time if this is the path you have chosen.

The other path is the path of armed revolution, rebellion, or civil war.  At that point, you're killing people and breaking things so votes, elections, and candidates no longer matter.  Pissing off people is way down the list of concerns because you're trying to kill the enemy anyway.

The Trumpers seem to exist in some sort of weird hybrid, where they don't care who they piss off while still trying obstensibly to win elections.  That mixed messaging is exactly why some of them succumbed to emotion on January 6 and acted like morons.  Because they believed their own leader's rhetoric and the words of his supporters and believed it was time for an actual war/fighting.

But the rest of them really are no better, playing the tough "fighter" who doesn't care who he/she offends because they're "in a war" that the rest of us are (so the argument goes) too stupid to recognize.  While still claiming they are all about winning the next election.

They no longer think.  They just act in accordance with whatever makes them feel better about their "fight".  It's the opposite of the rationality that gave birth to and guided our country for most of its existence.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:07:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2023, 01:56:42 pm »

Indeed.

None of us is fighting anywhere near the AmRev.  Ridiculous to pretend Trump or EverTrumpers are “fighting”.

Furthermore, EverTrumpers seem to think “Big Mouth” means “fighting” and “tough”.  They keep talking about how Trump fights while they defend his indefensible childish name-calling of even “friends”.  That seems to be what they think is “tough”.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2023, 02:07:54 pm »
Please note my comment is about people spending time online in general; I'm not targeting diehard Trump supporters (another "if the shoe fits" thing). But I do believe more real action and fewer social media posts would be a good thing.

Actually, I'm also thinking of a relative whose sanity I question. She believes regurgitating Q-anon nonsense about everyone in Hollywood being pedophile transgenders and JFK Jr. being alive and waiting in the wings to be Trump's VP constitutes "fighting." She's educating the masses one Facebook post at a time, dontcha know.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2023, 02:26:12 pm »
I soured on Trump for the same reason I soured on The Real Housewives of --------.  The unnecessary drama and human wreckage was draining my soul.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2023, 02:43:27 pm »
Please note my comment is about people spending time online in general; I'm not targeting diehard Trump supporters (another "if the shoe fits" thing). But I do believe more real action and fewer social media posts would be a good thing.

That mentality works its way up to their representatives.  The populists and most right wing conservatives are great at identifying problems and screeching about them.  But they don't really offer any practical answers.  That's the problem with the party as it stands ... so many of its members would rather have a sandlot fight or make a litmus test out of the stupidest topic, it makes them unfit to govern.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2023, 02:52:19 pm »
POS DJT is the slimiest, but most effective mud slinger in GOP history.  $M's given to Tumpy the past year in the guise of supporting his legal woes were spent to slime RDS.  He basically premptively did his Stone-Pecker slime operation early this year.  I hope he burns in electoral hell next year.  He deserves it

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2023, 03:01:52 pm »
Indeed.

None of us is fighting anywhere near the AmRev.  Ridiculous to pretend Trump or EverTrumpers are “fighting”.

Furthermore, EverTrumpers seem to think “Big Mouth” means “fighting” and “tough”.  They keep talking about how Trump fights while they defend his indefensible childish name-calling of even “friends”.  That seems to be what they think is “tough”.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2023, 03:08:06 pm »
Indeed.

Tumpy's not near as tough as he makes out.  He's all mouth and bluster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2023, 03:10:10 pm »
That mentality works its way up to their representatives.  The populists and most right wing conservatives are great at identifying problems and screeching about them.  But they don't really offer any practical answers.  That's the problem with the party as it stands ... so many of its members would rather have a sandlot fight or make a litmus test out of the stupidest topic, it makes them unfit to govern.

Excellent point.  They value passion and intentions more than results.

And before some Trumper comes in and starts listing all of his accomplishments, I'm going to add that handing us over to a  Democrat President and Democrat Congress in 2020 is just as much part of his legacy as anything else.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2023, 03:10:25 pm »
Tumpy's not near as tough as he makes out.  He's all mouth and bluster.

And bone spurs. Don’t forget the bone spurs.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell