Author Topic: Horrifying video captures house exploding in Pennsylvania, killing five people  (Read 2060 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Absolutely.  Gas hookups for any appliance should be checked periodically, particularly if, as with many water heaters, they sit in basements and other environments where the metal lines might get corroded more easily.
But this comment makes me wonder if something else isn't at play. (from the article linked in the OP)

Residents of the neighborhood are seeking answers about the deadly blast.

This isn’t the first time that this has happened in Plum,” neighbor Justin Newman told the outlet.
Which makes me wonder if the connections used in the development were from the same source and defective or simply not durable, if there was some problem linked to installation, or if there is an environmental factor involved.

From: https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/saturdays-home-explosion-in-plum-the-third-to-happen-in-the-borough-in-15-years/ Saturday's home explosion in Plum the third to happen in the borough in 15 years

No mention of coal mining in the area, where mining and mineral processing seems to have been focused primarily on metals.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 01:01:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis