Author Topic: Fake Meat Fails  (Read 416 times)

Offline Kamaji

Fake Meat Fails
« on: August 15, 2023, 12:31:02 pm »
Fake Meat Fails

By Ward Clark
August 14, 2023

It's hard to understand the reasoning behind fake meat.

Bear in mind that everyone is, and should be, free to eat what they like, with no interference from others. Think about it for a few moments, though. If you really don't like meat, that's fine, but why then would you go to the time and trouble of buying and eating something that tried to look and tastes like meat? If you think eating meat is immoral - it's not, but people may believe as they please - then the same question applies.

The real thing is available. Why go for the poor substitute?

Apparently, that thought is occurring to a lot of people just now.

Here’s some news for foodie scolds who want to put our favorite meat dishes out to pasture: The “flight to plant-based foods” phenomenon hit the wall this summer, and there’s no end in sight to the downward spiral.

The meat-hating media wanted us to believe that bogus beef is driving out the real enchilada to improve our health and save forests from greenhouse-gas emissions.

But it’s all baloney.

Beyond Meat, which claims to be the No. 1 seller worldwide of plant-based meat substitutes, announced this week that it lost $53 million in the second quarter of 2023 as its US revenue fell 40 percent.

That's chuckle-inducing. In case you're wondering, here, from the Beyond Meat website, is a list of ingredients for one of their burger patties:

Source:  https://www.redstate.com/wardclark/2023/08/14/fake-meat-fails-n2162625

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fake Meat Fails
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 03:49:32 pm »
Fake Meat Fails
By Ward Clark | 5:21 PM on August 14, 2023

It's hard to understand the reasoning behind fake meat.

Bear in mind that everyone is, and should be, free to eat what they like, with no interference from others. Think about it for a few moments, though. If you really don't like meat, that's fine, but why then would you go to the time and trouble of buying and eating something that tried to look and tastes like meat? If you think eating meat is immoral - it's not, but people may believe as they please - then the same question applies.

The real thing is available. Why go for the poor substitute?

Apparently, that thought is occurring to a lot of people just now.

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2023/08/14/fake-meat-fails-n2162625
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Fake Meat Fails
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 04:31:03 pm »
Expensive mediocrity doesn't sell? Who knew? Vegans would do far better if they created foods that are so tasty that people eating the foods don't care the foods have no meat, dairy, or other animal products. Much as vegetarian Indian foods do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 04:32:35 pm »
Expensive mediocrity doesn't sell? Who knew? Vegans would do far better if they created foods that are so tasty that people eating the foods don't care the foods have no meat, dairy, or other animal products. Much as vegetarian Indian foods do.

:thumbsup:

Exactly.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 04:41:17 pm »
This product does have some validity for people with chloesterol, heart issues who love meat.

I have neither mofos , so fire up the grill.   :cool: 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 04:02:20 am »
Unless you are chowing down on predators, meat is plant based.
Cow eats grass and converts it to beef. I eat beef.  :shrug:

Now, most fish eat fish and other critters, so they aren't plant based.
Chickens and ducks go after bugs, which technically are animals...so they fail the test.

Make mine a Ribeye please, about and inch thick and at least 16 oz.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis