Author Topic: The Big Green Lie Almost Everyone Claims to Believe  (Read 286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Big Green Lie Almost Everyone Claims to Believe
« on: August 14, 2023, 11:11:12 am »

The Big Green Lie Almost Everyone Claims to Believe         

By Patricia Adams and Lawrence Solomon
8/2/2022
Updated:
8/7/2022

Commentary
Almost every member of Congress, Democrat or Republican, pays homage to the Big Green Lie. So do all the past and remaining Conservative candidates vying to be prime minister of the UK and every candidate currently vying for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. So does virtually all of the mainstream press.

The Big Green Lie—that carbon dioxide is a pollutant—is so pervasive that even those considered skeptics—including right-wing NGOs and pundits—generally adhere to the orthodoxy, differing not in their stated belief that CO2 is a pollutant but only in how calamitous a pollutant it is.

Because everyone now participates in the "CO2 emissions are bad" lie, the debate over climate policy hasn’t been over whether a CO2 problem exists but over how urgently CO2 needs to be addressed, and how it should be addressed. Do we have eight years left before Armageddon becomes inevitable or decades? Do we get off fossil fuels by building nuclear plants or wind turbines? Should we change our lifestyles to need less of everything? Or should we mitigate this evil—the view of those deemed climate minimalists—by shielding our continents from a rising of the oceans by enclosing them behind sea walls?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/the-big-green-lie-almost-everyone-claims-to-believe-4639112?rs=SHRFQZSC&instaaccount=secb64a2NzbWl0QGJpZ3BvbmQuY29t&utm_source=ishare&utm_medium=Medium&utm_campaign=Campaign&utm_term=eet&utm_content=tt_1606_Share-joshvid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Big Green Lie Almost Everyone Claims to Believe
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 09:37:57 pm »
6 H20 + 6 CO2 => C6H12O6 + 6O2

Water plus Carbon dioxide, in the presence of sunlight and chlorophyll, produce Glucose and Oxygen.

It is the basic stochiometric equation of life on Earth, the fundament of the Food Chain. (and It's Plant Based!)

Remove the CO2 and you're all wet!

Did all these suckheads sleep through the chapter on photosynthesis?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 10:00:51 pm »
 ////00000////

To reduce CO2 emissions, all animal life, including humans, must be wiped from the Earth ... to save it ... or plant more trees.

In the 1970s/1980s, they were worried about acid rain, aerosols, smog ozone ... but not volcanic ash from Mt St Helens ... so we switched to unleaded gas ... why did they put lead in gasoline to begin with, who knows?  It was the olden days.

We can also perpetuate cyanobacteria in bodies of water to increase oxygen production.  Just don't drink or swim in that water.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:05:23 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 10:03:25 pm »
////00000////

To reduce CO2 emissions, all animal life, including humans, must be wiped from the Earth ... to save it ... or plant more trees.

In the 1970s/1980s, they were worried about acid rain, aerosols, smog ozone ... but not volcanic ash from Mt St Helens ... so we switched to unleaded gas ... why did they put lead in gasoline to begin with, who knows?  It was the olden days.
The lead (tetraethyl lead) was added as an anti-knock additive, and also helped keep the exhaust valves and seats from burning.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:08:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis