Author Topic: CNN Credits Biden for Record High US Oil Production  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CNN Credits Biden for Record High US Oil Production
« on: August 14, 2023, 10:35:45 am »
CNN Credits Biden for Record High US Oil Production
21 hours ago David Middleton 49 Comments
Guest “You can’t fix stupid” by David Middleton

CNN’s Matt Egan must be a very special kind of stupid…

Under Biden, US oil production is poised to break Trump-era records
By Matt Egan, CNN Business

Published 1:30 PM EDT, Wed August 9, 2023

New York CNN Business —

Critics accuse President Joe Biden of waging a war on the oil industry that is hurting consumers at the gas pump. And yet, on his watch, US oil production is poised to shatter all-time records set during the Trump administration.

US oil output is now projected to rise to an average of 12.8 million barrels per day this year for the first time ever, according to federal estimates released Tuesday.

For context, that’s about half a million barrels per day more than the prior annual record set in 2019. It’s also more oil than any other country on the planet produces — the next-closest nation, Saudi Arabia, produces about 10 million barrels per day, according to OPEC.

The looming milestone undercuts the argument made by some 2024 GOP presidential contenders that the Biden administration is strangling the oil industry with red tape.

[…]

CNN
U.S. oil production is not “under Biden”… Not even the oil production from Federal lands and waters. Production from Federal lands and waters is conducted pursuant to Federal laws passed by Congress. While some think that Biden could halt all of that production with the stroke of the pen, I’m 99% certain the courts would slap him down fairly quickly.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/13/cnn-credits-biden-for-record-high-us-oil-production/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: CNN Credits Biden for Record High US Oil Production
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 02:01:39 pm »
"In spite of" would be more accurate than "Under".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: CNN Credits Biden for Record High US Oil Production
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 05:45:06 pm »
THe Biden Administration has done more to STOP oil production than ANY previous Administration.

Oil production is a game of balance, bringing new wells on line as old wells deplete.

What is not happening is that through Edict and EPA, the required leases are not being offered onshore or offshore. ANWR, that small pinpoint in that huge area has been restricted again. Offshore leases are not being let, and when they are, additional restrictions are being imposed like expanding the 10 MPH limit on oilfield supply shipping, while other vessels are permitted to go as fast as they like, supposedly to protect some endangered whales (which are lucky they don't live where windmills are going in).

In addition, from Day one, the Biden Administration has stopped or hampered infrastructure development, beginning with shutting down the Keystone XL Pipeline, putting tens of thousands out of work with a stroke of the pen, killing a 1.5 billion dollar investment, and stopping the transshipment of 800,000 BOPD of crude oil.  Other projects have been hampered or cancelled as a result of the Administration's actions. Note: Congress isn't the force here, unelected bureaucrats granted the power to promulgate regulations are. Congress could take that power back, or limit it, but has failed to do so, and would need a veto proof majority to get past the 'Big Guy'.

The effects of this policy won't be really felt for a few years, when the currently operating wells deplete, and there are no prospects and new wells to replace them. Cutting the number of people
working in the industry (that falls with the rig count) will only mean that when the next 'boom' happens, there will be a serious shortage of experienced personnel to train the next group in the oilfields, and likely the rigs with which to drill will have been scrapped.
It costs money to store/maintain an idle drilling rig.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis