Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Possible Biden Impeachment ‘Qualitatively Different’ from Trump Impeachments Because of Br  (Read 227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: Possible Biden Impeachment ‘Qualitatively Different’ from Trump Impeachments Because of Bribery Allegations

Jeff Poor 13 Aug 2023

During this week’s broadcast of FNC’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) responded to fellow Republican lawmaker Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who recently advised House Republicans against presidential impeachment.

Cruz said the two previous Trump impeachments were “bogus” and that pursuing impeachment against President Joe Biden was “qualitatively different” because of the circumstances.

“Senator, then what is going on in the Senate with your Republican colleagues?” Bartiromo asked. “Here’s what Mitch McConnell said this week: ‘I said two years ago, when we had not one, but two impeachments, that once we go down this path, it incentivizes the other side to do the same thing. Impeachment ought to be rare. This is not good for the country.'”

“Does McConnell not understand the bribery charges?” she continued. “Does he not see these bank records that we have right here? Let’s put those bank records up on screen because we have the bank records that House Oversight Committee lawmakers have released indicating $5 million to Hunter, the $5 million to Joe, all of these 20 shell companies where foreigners were sending millions, and then eventually the money made its way into Biden family bank accounts. So what does Mitch McConnell say? Have you spoken to your colleague Mitch McConnell?”

“Look, I have no idea what Mitch knows or doesn’t know,” Cruz replied. “I will tell you, there are very few people in the Senate that are following closely the details of what’s happening here. Part of the reason is Senate Democrats want to have nothing to do with it. So we won’t have a single hearing for the next two years in the Senate Judiciary Committee on any of this because the Democrats do not care. Not a single Democrat cares whether the president of the United States has received millions of dollars of bribes from foreign nationals. It doesn’t matter because they put partisan politics above the rule of law.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/13/ted-cruz-possible-biden-impeachment-qualitatively-different-from-trump-impeachments-because-of-bribery-allegations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The DEMS don't care and they stand united.I doubt Mitch would go along with it.

I still think that he House should continue on with the impeachment process.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.