Author Topic: LA police union blames 'anti-police rhetoric' for staffing shortages  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Aug 12, 2023
LA police union blames 'anti-police rhetoric' for staffing shortages
"They're leaving to either go work in a different agency or just to leave the profession completely."

Sara Higdon
Aug 12, 2023
2 Minute Read

At the end of July, the Los Angeles Police Department dropped to having below 9,000 officers, marking its smallest force since the 1990s. The Los Angeles Police Protective League (LAPPL) is blaming anti-police rhetoric, among other factors.

LAPPL spokesperson Tom Saggau told Fox News Digital, "They're leaving to either go work in a different agency or just to leave the profession completely ... Los Angeles costs a lot to afford a home, pay rent, commute times; but also, some of the anti-police rhetoric wears on you."

"We have a difficulty because we're pulling officers from specialized gang assignments and high-crime areas and drug operations because you've got to fill patrol to be able to respond to those 911 calls, so this lack of officers has a trickle-down effect, and it's a city-wide impact," Saggau said.

https://thepostmillennial.com/la-police-union-blames-anti-police-rhetoric-for-staffing-shortages
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson