Author Topic: Army aims to make 1 million artillery shells a year, starting in fiscal 2025  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army aims to make 1 million artillery shells a year, starting in fiscal 2025
New manufacturing techniques helping U.S. ramp up production of critical munition need.
PATRICK TUCKER | AUGUST 7, 2023

New manufacturing techniques are moving the Army toward its goal of producing 85,000 155mm artillery shells per month, starting in fiscal 2025, the assistant Army secretary for acquisition said Monday.

The push is meant to help Ukraine keep up the pace of its counteroffensive and to replenish depleted U.S. stockpiles and even help other countries build up their own supplies after the Ukraine war highlighted the importance of the munition in large-scale conflict.

“Between supporting Ukraine, replenishing ourselves and supporting other countries, allies, we expect to use that capacity. That's the overall reason we're doing it,” Doug Bush told reporters.

“You do the math on the [roughly] 80,000-a-month. I mean, that's a million a year,” he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2023/08/army-aims-make-1-million-artillery-shells-year-starting-fiscal-2025/389202/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Good timing!  That still gives China plenty of time to invade Taiwan! :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson