Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams asks the White House to declare a state of emergency over asylum seekers  (Read 217 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Eric Adams asks the White House to declare a state of emergency over asylum seekers
Most of the calls for an emergency declaration have come from GOP lawmakers and elected Republicans at the state and local level.

Aug. 9, 2023, 6:58 PM EDT
By Megan Lebowitz
New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Wednesday called for the federal government to declare a state of emergency to manage the "crisis" at the border, saying the influx of asylum seekers could end up costing the city billions of dollars in the coming years.

Adams said more than 57,000 migrants are under the city’s care on an average night and nearly 100,000 asylum seekers have sought shelter there since last year.

At a news conference Wednesday, Adams said a federal state of emergency would "allow federal funds to be allocated quickly to help address the urgent challenges we face."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/eric-adams-wants-biden-declare-state-emergency-asylum-seekers-rcna99084
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He doesn't get it.  Commiecrats in the District of Corruption have told the world the border is already closed.  What more can the possibly do? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson