Author Topic: 5 decomposed bodies found in mountains likely migrants, officials say  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
5 decomposed bodies found in mountains likely migrants, officials say
Five migrants were found dead in a mountainous area east of Tijuana. (Courtesy: Mexico’s Institute National Migration)

by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Aug 11, 2023 / 02:27 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 11, 2023 / 04:42 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — Five bodies discovered decomposing near a mountain pass east of Tijuana this week are likely the remains of migrants who were attempting to cross into the United States.

Enrique Lucero, head of Tijuana’s Migrant Affairs Office, said there’s a very high probability migrants were victims of crime because the bodies were found in an area known for human smuggling.

Mexican officials telling migrants to avoid mountains and deserts, ‘not worth it’
“It’s a very dangerous route where the mountains connect with the desert,” said Lucero. “We don’t know the cause of death, but these could’ve well been people who fell into a smuggling network. You must really be careful in this area.”

The bodies were discovered early Wednesday evening by a search group dedicated to looking for missing and stranded migrants in the mountains.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/5-decomposed-bodies-found-in-mountains-likely-migrants-officials-say/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson