Author Topic: Russian electronic warfare systems are successfully disabling “sophisticated” US-supplied Ukrainian  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russian electronic warfare systems are successfully disabling “sophisticated” US-supplied Ukrainian weapons
08/11/2023 // Arsenio Toledo // 2.8K Views

Reports coming out of Ukraine note that Russia is disabling "sophisticated" Kyiv's Western-supplied missiles, rendering them useless on the battlefield.
Bryan Clark, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute think tank, said Russian electronic warfare capabilities used to be inferior compared to their Ukrainian opponents, largely because they could not keep up with their troops on the ground.

"Russian systems are largely unwieldy, vehicle-borne systems that are designed to be on the defensive," said Clark. "And as a result, their electronic warfare systems weren't very agile, they weren't very fast and they weren't very numerous." (Related: Former Pentagon officer David Pyne says Russia's capability in electronic warfare is unparalleled.)

But Clark noted that Russia may have learned from its earlier mistakes. Instead of using large bulky radar and electronics jamming equipment that can easily be spotted and destroyed by drone strikes and artillery, Russian forces are now relying on hundreds of smaller and more mobile electronic warfare equipment deployed all along the front line.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-08-11-russia-electronic-warfare-systems-disabling-sophisticated-weapons.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson