Author Topic: Remaining townships seek ban on solar, wind farms  (Read 250 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Remaining townships seek ban on solar, wind farms
« on: August 12, 2023, 06:33:32 pm »
« Later Post • News Watch Home • Earlier Post »

filed:  August 10, 2023 • Ohio
Remaining townships seek ban on solar, wind farms 
Credit:  Aug 10, 2023 | Mary Ann Greier, Staff Writer | morningjournalnews.com ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

The remaining three townships in Columbiana County who had not sought a ban of large solar facilities and large wind farms in their unincorporated areas submitted resolutions recently requesting the ban.

Those townships include St. Clair, Liverpool and Yellow Creek. No date has been set for a public hearing on the proposed bans yet.

Commissioners are expected to accept the resolutions at their meeting Aug. 23 and then set the date for the public hearing. That’s also the day they may vote on the proposed ban for Elkrun, Hanover, Knox and Madison townships after hosting a public hearing on the matter last week.

During Wednesday’s meeting, Commissioner Tim Weigle reported that he met with Yellow Creek Township trustees Tuesday night and talked with them regarding the issue.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/08/10/remaining-townships-seek-ban-on-solar-wind-farms/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson