Author Topic: Video: DeSantis Goes On Stage in Iowa, and People Start Banging Cowbells Shortly After He Suffers H  (Read 10008 times)

Online Hoodat

It's pretty incredible. The one thing Trump fans love the most about the guy is that he supposedly is strong and will stand up to the swamp.   And yet, when push came to shove in the most critical national crisis facing us in decades, he wilted.  Exactly like the RINO's and GOPe would have done.

And rather than being rightly outraged that their leader betrayed them, his supporters just offer the incredibly lame excuse that it would have been politically unpopular.

It's quite sad, actually.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

The even larger question is if Trump refuses to take necessary actions because he believes they'll be politically unpopular - as he did in going along with Fauci and the stimulus checks - then what good is he?  How many more issues beyond just straight fiscal policy would come up in a second term where Trump would back down for that same reason?

It's pretty incredible. The one thing Trump fans love the most about the guy is that he supposedly is strong and will stand up to the swamp.   And yet, when push came to shove in the most critical national crisis facing us in decades, he wilted.  Exactly like the RINO's and GOPe would have done.

And rather than being rightly outraged that their leader betrayed them, his supporters just offer the incredibly lame excuse that it would have been politically unpopular.

I definitely have a problem with the "Politically unpopular" argument.  As I have mentioned numerous times, Trump on more than one occasion promised to calm the rioters and put an end to the riots. He FAILED to do so and he didn't implement the "Insurrection Act" which several president used, all because it would be politically unpopular and his re-election was nearing.  Here we sit!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I served up a valid reason which the graph clearly shows.  Take away the phony pandemic and President Trump becomes typical.

Wait, wait, wait... Spending at an arc INCREASING... continued CLIMBING at the same scale as Obama, BEFORE COVID. That is not typical. That is abhorrent.

Your graphic just proves y'all spend MORE than Democrats.  :silly:

Online Hoodat

Your graphic just proves y'all spend MORE than Democrats.  :silly:

I don't know which of the two is worse.  Trump spending like Obama?  Or his supporters on this forum defending him spending like Obama.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I don't know which of the two is worse.  Trump spending like Obama?  Or his supporters on this forum defending him spending like Obama.

It truly boggles the mind.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When Republicans control the House spending doesn't decrease. It doesn't matter if it is Trump or DeSantis, or someone else. Nothing is going to change.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

When Republicans control the House spending doesn't decrease. It doesn't matter if it is Trump or DeSantis, or someone else. Nothing is going to change.

The President signs the spending bills.  The President spends the money.  The President can stop it.  It won't be popular.  But it will be the right thing to do.

If the government can't act responsibly, then they shouldn't have access to the taxpayers' money.  Shut it down.  Every last bit of it.  End every perk of every legislator, department head, etc.  Sell off the Dirksen and Russell office buildings.  And force States to provide office space for their Congressional members inside the districts they represent.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

President Cruz or DeSantis wouldn't have signed those Bloated Budgets that Ryan and pelousi sent to him but Trump did.  Maybe Congress would have overridden his Veto~BUT his name ain't on that $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

It was pretty clear back in 2015 when Trump defended giving taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood.  But his sycophants kept pushing that lying-ass "Drain the Swamp" bullshit on us all.  And eight years later, they still are.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

You have to stop thinking in terms of Republican vs. Democrat. And stop concatenating Republican and Conservative.

The fight is Conservative vs. Liberal, and YES, Conservatives in power would change the whole deal. Just gotta quit voting for anything less. Including populist promises.

Offline LMAO

And Trump signed off on every dollar of it.  Both printing and spending.  And instead of helping the economy, it destroyed it.  Which every Conservative told you would happen.  Once again, Conservatives were right.

Conservatives also gave the same warning over his tariffs. Once again, conservatives were right.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

There were things that Trump did right on the economy and he was much better on the economy than the current occupier. Reeling back some of taxes, cutting regulations and red tape.

I was  better off financially under Trump than Biden. The current occupier is a complete wrecking Ball 
when it comes to economic matters

For example, can anyone give a remotely decent argument of why someone like Jennifer Granholm is our energy secretary?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 05:19:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

There were things that Trump did right on the economy and he was much better on the economy than the current occupier. Reeling back some of taxes, cutting regulations and red tape.

Yeah, but that's not magic... It's the same ol thing every Republican president has done... Corporate tax cut, shake a few benjamins down in the trailer courts, and suddenly, rainmaker.

The problem is, and Tumpy included, they never pay it back, printing money to make it go.

Sure, and it LOOKS better, and FEELS better, but it's mostly manufactured out of debt and inflation (printing).

Some of what you said is true - a friendly disposition toward business, drill baby drill, and deregulation, especially in energy, driving energy costs (way) down makes manufacturing cheaper, and shipping cheaper ... All that sort of thing is right, and he deserves credit for that.

Online corbe

I spearheaded that movement.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Newt Gingrich was the last Speaker to hold the POTUS back spending, and Clinton took the credit. Newt also had an actual budget, IIRC, not CR xyz^n.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis