Author Topic: B-21 RAIDER POWERS UP, PREPARES FOR FIRST FLIGHT LATER THIS YEAR  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 RAIDER POWERS UP, PREPARES FOR FIRST FLIGHT LATER THIS YEAR
AIRPOWER
BY ALEX HOLLINGS
AUGUST 11, 2023

America’s new stealth bomber in development, the B-21 Raider, has officially powered up its engines for the first time in preparation for the beginning of test flights later this year.

The news of the power-on milestone came during a second-quarter earnings call with Northrop Grumman executives, along with the revelation that the firm will not be competing to field a design for America’s next stealth fighter currently in development for the Air Force, currently known as the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program.

During the call, Chief Financial Officer David Keffer explained that the advanced bomber effort remains “on track for first flight this year,” but cautioned that getting there won’t be a sure bet. Getting the B-21 into the sky will depend on the program continuing to mature on schedule, but Northrop’s team seemed optimistic. According to the call, the company expects to secure the first Low Rate Initial Production contract for the Raider shortly after its first flight.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/b-21-raider-powers-up-prepares-for-first-flight-later-this-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

Re: B-21 RAIDER POWERS UP, PREPARES FOR FIRST FLIGHT LATER THIS YEAR
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 03:37:11 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.