Author Topic: Donald Trump won't kiss the ring and sign Ronna McDaniel's 'loyalty' pledge  (Read 1300 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Any pay to play pledge is bullshit. How many nevertrumps are willing to sign a pledge to support Trump if he is the nominee?

Every single one of the other candidates who will be on that debate stage, that's who.  Voters, unlike candidates, are not free agents.

It's not a pledge that applies to voters because we aren't asking the party to nominate us.   The way I see it, if you're a candidate and not willing to support the eventual nominee, you should have run as an independent or for a different party.

Offline LMAO

No worries. I for one won't be voting for Trump in the primary nor will I vote for him if he's the nominee.

Same here

Others will make their choice if it’s either Trump or DeSantis and that’s their decision but I’ve made mine

We cannot afford another Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden spending binges
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Before the pledge bullshit as payment for a spot on the debate stage

Oh but we gotta be loyal to Trump. Sorry PomPoms, it goes both ways.

No more votes for Mr. Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

The pledge wasn't part of Ronna's platform, was it?

It is the GOP's platform, not Ronna's platform.  No different from Priebus in 2016.  And we all know how Trump felt about Priebus.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

We Conservatives are not so easily fooled.  The probability Trump goes 3rd party if he loses the Primary are extremely high. We also know you Trumpers will follow him like junkies for a fix to your own peril. 
   Your excited platitudes about coming together as Republicans are for naught. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

We Conservatives are not so easily fooled.  The probability Trump goes 3rd party if he loses the Primary are extremely high. We also know you Trumpers will follow him like junkies for a fix to your own peril. 
   Your excited platitudes about coming together as Republicans are for naught. 

I'm not worried about Trump going Third Party.  In order for Trump to go third party he needs to make sure he is on the ballot in all 50 states in a short order of time. However, some states have sore loser laws meaning Trump can't run for President cause he lost the GOP nomination. Plus he has the legal battles he has to fight. So I'm not sure he will have the resources to mount a 3rd party run.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Idiot

I'm not worried about Trump going Third Party.  In order for Trump to go third party he needs to make sure he is on the ballot in all 50 states in a short order of time. However, some states have sore loser laws meaning Trump can't run for President cause he lost the GOP nomination. Plus he has the legal battles he has to fight. So I'm not sure he will have the resources to mount a 3rd party run.
I think it's a moot point.  Trump will handily win the nomination, then get slaughtered in the general.  Anyone can see this coming.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

He could run as an independent/third party as a write-in candidate, which avoids sore loser laws and doesn't require getting on the ballot.

He couldn't win that way, but it would give him one last round of adulation and cheers from MAGA supporters.

Offline Kamaji

I think it's a moot point.  Trump will handily win the nomination, then get slaughtered in the general.  Anyone can see this coming.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Polls are going to look really bad for Trump when the Dems nominate someone other than Biden.  But it will be too late by then.

Offline LMAO

Polls are going to look really bad for Trump when the Dems nominate someone other than Biden.  But it will be too late by then.

If MAGA  can’t beat Biden, there is no way they’re gonna win against another Democrat

There’s rumors of Gavin Newsom getting into the race. But his record in Ca would be a negative in a general election

I could see someone similar to our own governor being pressured by DNC bigwigs into throwing their hat into the ring
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Voters, unlike candidates, are not free agents.

An ass-backwards statement.   **nononono*

Offline Kamaji

So Trump will go from losing badly, to losing really, really badly, eh?

Offline libertybele

I see no way possible that the DEMS are going to keep Brandon and Chuckles in place.  Yes, by the time the DEMS insert new candidates, it will be way too late.  I agree.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.