Author Topic: Donald Trump won't kiss the ring and sign Ronna McDaniel's 'loyalty' pledge  (Read 1288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 11, 2023
Donald Trump won't kiss the ring and sign Ronna McDaniel's 'loyalty' pledge
By Olivia Murray

Ronna McDaniel saw the writing on the wall — Donald Trump, the most popular Republican candidate in history (by far), refuses to quit in spite of the endless legal and political witch hunts — and something had to be done.

So Mitt Romney's niece threw a hail Mary, and back in February, McDaniel mulled the idea of a "loyalty pledge" before promptly instituting it.  Here's what she had to say at the time about the tactic, during a chummy conversation with CNN's Dana Bash, via Politico:

We're saying you're not going to get on the debate stage unless you make this pledge.

But Trump refused to play her game.  Reported two days ago:

Donald Trump said Wednesday he will not sign a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee — an RNC requirement for participation in the first primary debate.

I say this with total sincerity: God bless him.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/donald_trump_wont_kiss_the_ring_and_sign_ronna_mcdaniels_loyalty_pledge.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump being Trump; another Romney being hapless.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 04:02:21 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Wait, didn't Trump endorse Ronna's reelection as RNC head?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Before the pledge bullshit as payment for a spot on the debate stage

« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 03:54:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

The Spoilt Orange Child.  It's all about Donald the Messiah, and not about helping the country.

The Spoilt Orange Child.  It's all about Donald the Messiah, and not about helping the country.

Nah ---- Trump's just being what the others are allergic to:  Honest.

Online libertybele

Yes and now he doesn't want to play nice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

"I want my nomination!" 

"It's mine, mine, mine!"

Online corbe

He knows Ronna is his little lap dog.  Without signing the pledge we all know if his poll numbers start slipping, he'll want to be on the debate stage, Ronna will cave to his demands.

As far as the pledge goes, she should drop the 'support whoever wins the Primary' with the abolishment of a third party run.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Yes and now he doesn't want to play nice.

The pledge wasn't part of Ronna's platform, was it?

Offline Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Any pay to play pledge is bullshit. How many nevertrumps are willing to sign a pledge to support Trump if he is the nominee?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

Any pay to play pledge is bullshit. How many nevertrumps are willing to sign a pledge to support Trump if he is the nominee?

A fair point
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

He knows Ronna is his little lap dog.  Without signing the pledge we all know if his poll numbers start slipping, he'll want to be on the debate stage, Ronna will cave to his demands.

As far as the pledge goes, she should drop the 'support whoever wins the Primary' with the abolishment of a third party run.

My bad, the pledge does contain wording to prevent 3rd party run.

“I _________ affirm that I agree to appear in only Primary and General Election debates that have been sanctioned by the Republican National Committee, pursuant to Rule 10(a)(11) of The Rules of the Republican Party. I also acknowledge and accept that if I fail to sign this pledge or if I participate in any debate that has not been sanctioned by the Republican National Committee, I will not be eligible to participate in any further Republican National Committee sanctioned debates.

Additionally, I affirm that if I do not win the 2024 Republican nomination for President of the United States, I will honor the will of the primary voters and support the nominee in order to save our country and beat Joe Biden.

I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party."
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

So Trump is no better than the average never-trumper - just as much of a selfish, clueless git.  Thanks for admitting that.

Online libertybele

No worries. I for one won't be voting for Trump in the primary nor will I vote for him if he's the nominee.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No worries. I for one won't be voting for Trump in the primary nor will I vote for him if he's the nominee.

So you are a selfish clueless git if Trump is the nominee.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Different story. We ain't players.
And I am no longer a Republican precisely to unburden myself of that obligation.
I am a free agent.

Tumpy is not.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 05:32:26 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Idiot

Ditto my friend.

Online roamer_1

How do you figure that?

Online libertybele

??? So what Trump policies @bigheadfred still exist?? Why do you think he's going after conservatives?  How much further did he dig us into oblivion with his spending?  Why didn't he calm the riots as they were defunding the police as he said he would?  Why did he wait until the 11th hour to try to get the wall built -- he had a super majority for 2 years.  Why didn't he lock Hillary up as he claimed he would?  Why didn't he drain the swamp?? 

The only one who is a selfish, clueless git would be you thinking that no one but the mighty Orange one can turn this country around.

Offline Kamaji

So he's just as good as Trump.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Yes...another example of Trump's outstanding ability to vet and support the right people.  He picks them, they don't do what he wants, and then he and his supporters condemn them.   Seen this show before....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 05:55:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
??? So what Trump policies @bigheadfred still exist?? Why do you think he's going after conservatives?  How much further did he dig us into oblivion with his spending?  Why didn't he calm the riots as they were defunding the police as he said he would?  Why did he wait until the 11th hour to try to get the wall built -- he had a super majority for 2 years.  Why didn't he lock Hillary up as he claimed he would?  Why didn't he drain the swamp?? 

The only one who is a selfish, clueless git would be you thinking that no one but the mighty Orange one can turn this country around.
Why did he award medals to Fauci and Milley the day before he left office?  What possible excuse was there for that?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 05:58:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Why did he award medals to Fauci and Milley the day before he left office?  What possible excuse was there for that?

The RINOs made him do it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy