Author Topic: Climate change causes Earthquakes and Volcanoes again…  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate change causes Earthquakes and Volcanoes again…
« on: August 12, 2023, 10:38:56 am »
Climate change causes Earthquakes and Volcanoes again…

By Jo Nova

We need to know: Can We Stop Volcanoes with Solar Panels?
Quick set up a summit. Give me a grant. Climate Change causes more rain (except when it causes more drought), and apparently the weight of “up to” four meters of monsoon rainfall can compress a crustal plate leading to earthquakes.

Now, four meters of rain means a lot to a pitiful 1.8 meter homo sapiens, but it’s hard to believe a plate of rock 30 kilometers thick would care less or even notice. It’s all absurd.

The whole article, written by a “Reader in Physical Geography” at Coventry Uni makes out the climate change is all around us, but unwittingly depends on the idea that the Sun is just a big torch shining on Earth, and not a raging nuclear magnetic dynamo 300,000 times bigger than the planet, blasting us with charged particles at a million miles an hour and with a magnetic field that stretches past Pluto. Poor Dr Blackett with his 20 years of university education was never taught about the Sun. He has a pretty graph pointing out some correlation between earthquakes and monsoons but doesn’t once ask if The Sun might be causing both. What’s more likely, that changes in the solar magnetic field destabilize tectonic plates or your SUV does?

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/08/climate-change-causes-earthquakes-and-volcanoes-again/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson