Author Topic: Green-Obsessed Calif. Delays Shuttering Power Plants Over Blackout Concerns  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON AUG 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Green-Obsessed Calif. Delays Shuttering Power Plants Over Blackout Concerns

california gas plantThe California Energy Commission (CEC) voted Wednesday to delay the closure of three gas-fired power plants in Southern California due to concerns that doing so prematurely could elevate the risks of blackouts, according to The Associated Press.

The CEC made the decision to extend the life of the plants through 2026, rather than by the end of this year as initially planned, so that they can be available to stave off blackouts during periods of elevated demand and emergencies, according to the AP. [emphasis, links added]

The plan to delay the closures still needs approval by vote from the California State Water Resources Control Board, which could happen as early as next week, the AP reported.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/green-obsessed-calif-delays-shuttering-power-plants-over-blackout-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson