Author Topic: Hannity Suggests GOP Is Too Radical On Abortion After ‘Sobering’ Ohio Vote: ‘I Never Thought I’d Quo  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannity Suggests GOP Is Too Radical On Abortion After ‘Sobering’ Ohio Vote: ‘I Never Thought I’d Quote’ Bill Clinton
By Michael LucianoAug 10th, 2023, 10:50 pm

Fox News host Sean Hannity closed out a discussion about abortion by suggesting the Republican Party is too far to the right on the issue as far as the rest of the country is concerned.

Hannity pointed to Tuesday’s vote in Ohio, where voters rejected a ballot measure (57% to 43%) that would have raised the threshold for amending the state’s constitution from a simple majority to 60%. Supporters of the initiative hoped it would pass to thwart a November ballot measure that, if approved, will enshrine abortion protections in Ohio’s constitution.

“We saw the vote in Ohio,” he told guests Mike Huckabee and Tudor Dixon on Thursday before floating the idea that abortion bans before 15 weeks of pregnancy repel some voters. “The fear among many, many conservatives is this will chase away many suburban voters. Do you agree with that, Mike Huckabee?”

Huckabee rejected this and suggested Republicans simply have a messaging problem.

“I do not,” he replied. “I think the problem is Republicans have done a very pitiful job of explaining that the difference is we want to protect life, Democrats want to take it right up to the point of birth. They want to butcher a fully developed child. We’ve got to take it to the Democrats. Quit playing defense. Let’s be clear about what we stand for.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/hannity-suggests-gop-is-too-radical-on-abortion-after-sobering-ohio-vote-i-never-thought-id-quote-bill-clinton/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Not allowing exceptions for rape, incest, life of the mother, or non-viability of the pregnancy is too Taliban

State regulation with exceptions for rape, incest, life of the mother, or non-viability of the pregnancy is a reasonable compromise.

A Federal ban; or, state regulation without exceptions, criminal prosecutions of doctors, and criminal prosecution of patients is too extreme for most.

Changing position on issues for political expediency is disinegnuous and duplicitous.  Many people on both side have deeply held beliefs that will not be swayed by political pandering.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm for doing what's right, but I'm also for being smart about it. Clumsy bumbling and stumbling isn't productive.

Sometimes you take the loaf you can get and go back for more later.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Did Hannity speak to Rs' disdain for Pro-Life people and banishing them to the back of the bus in 1992 and 1996? Bill Clinton still owes those R "leaders" a thank you card for their contribution to his election successes.

BTW, Issue 1 had nothing specifically about abortion. It set the bar for passing constitutional amendments higher than a simple election majority vote. The US Constitution sets that bar higher than Issue 1 would have.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.