Author Topic: DeSantis says he hopes 2024 rivals attack him at first GOP debate: ‘We’ll hold our own’  (Read 233 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Threat’ DeSantis says he hopes 2024 rivals attack him at first GOP debate: ‘We’ll hold our own’

By Victor Nava   
August 10, 2023

Ron DeSantis’ 2024 opponents view him as a “threat” to win the presidency, the Florida governor touted Thursday — and revealed that he hopes his Republican rivals attack him at the first primary debate.

“I hope so,” DeSantis, 44, responded when asked by NewsNation’s Kellie Meyer if he thinks his fellow GOPers will direct barbs at him in Milwaukee on Aug. 23.

“Look, when they’re attacking you, that means you’re over the target. So we’re happy to field that, and we’ll hold our own,” the Sunshine State governor said.

“Because at the end of the day, I am running to actually win the presidency and do all these great things. I don’t have any other motive,” he added.

“I don’t want to get a cable news deal. I am not trying to sell anything, I don’t want a Cabinet post. We’re running, we’re running to win.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/10/desantis-says-he-hopes-2024-rivals-attack-him-at-first-gop-debate/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yet Trump has already started his attacks and has stated that he won't be debating.  What does that tell you?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Based on DeSantis' prior history in Florida, he appears to do well in debates.  Let's hope that history carries through.

Offline LMAO

Yet Trump has already started his attacks and has stated that he won't be debating.  What does that tell you?

That he’s all bark no bite
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy