Author Topic: DeSantis says he hopes 2024 rivals attack him at first GOP debate: ‘We’ll hold our own’  (Read 231 times)

Online Kamaji

‘Threat’ DeSantis says he hopes 2024 rivals attack him at first GOP debate: ‘We’ll hold our own’

By Victor Nava   
August 10, 2023

Ron DeSantis’ 2024 opponents view him as a “threat” to win the presidency, the Florida governor touted Thursday — and revealed that he hopes his Republican rivals attack him at the first primary debate.

“I hope so,” DeSantis, 44, responded when asked by NewsNation’s Kellie Meyer if he thinks his fellow GOPers will direct barbs at him in Milwaukee on Aug. 23.

“Look, when they’re attacking you, that means you’re over the target. So we’re happy to field that, and we’ll hold our own,” the Sunshine State governor said.

“Because at the end of the day, I am running to actually win the presidency and do all these great things. I don’t have any other motive,” he added.

“I don’t want to get a cable news deal. I am not trying to sell anything, I don’t want a Cabinet post. We’re running, we’re running to win.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/10/desantis-says-he-hopes-2024-rivals-attack-him-at-first-gop-debate/

Offline libertybele

Yet Trump has already started his attacks and has stated that he won't be debating.  What does that tell you?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

Based on DeSantis' prior history in Florida, he appears to do well in debates.  Let's hope that history carries through.

Online LMAO

Yet Trump has already started his attacks and has stated that he won't be debating.  What does that tell you?

That he’s all bark no bite
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy