Author Topic: Why Wouldn't Americans See Politics in Trump Indictments? Byron York  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Wouldn't Americans See Politics in Trump Indictments?
Byron York

It is sometimes said that the prosecutions of former President Donald Trump are "backfiring" on Democrats. That is, instead of lowering Trump's political support, they are raising it. That is indeed happening among Republicans and some independents. But many Democrats still hope the cumulative weight of multiple indictments -- there will soon be four, when the Georgia case is added to the New York case and the two federal cases -- will make it impossible for Trump to win the general election.

That is why there seemed to be a mini panic recently when a number of political observers pointed out that, in spite of everything that has happened, Trump not only has a very good chance of winning the Republican nomination -- he also has a reasonable chance of winning the presidency again.

In any event, it is absolutely clear to all involved that the indictments, filed by an elected Democratic district attorney in New York City, by the Biden Justice Department, and soon by an elected Democratic district attorney in Fulton County, Georgia, will influence the 2024 presidential campaign. People can debate whether that is the intention, or part of the intention, of the prosecutions. But there is no doubt that the cases will affect the campaign.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2023/08/09/why-wouldnt-americans-see-politics-in-trump-indictments-n2626778
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why Wouldn't Americans See Politics in Trump Indictments? Byron York
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 11:47:14 pm »
Every additional phony indictment only strengthens my resolve to vote for Mr. Trump come the primary day here and again in November.

Once he's sworn in on January 20th, he can immediately issue pardons to himself and grab a cab to the White House.

I'll pick up the fare.
(so there)

Offline LMAO

Re: Why Wouldn't Americans See Politics in Trump Indictments? Byron York
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 11:34:13 pm »
Just over half -- 52% -- think Trump should have been charged with a crime in this case, while 32% said he should not have been. And a plurality of Americans (49%) said Trump should suspend his presidential campaign, while 36% said he shouldn't.

At the same time, 46% think the charges against Trump are politically motivated, while 40% do not, per the ABC News/Ipsos poll conducted using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/thirds-americans-jan-6-charges-trump-poll/story?id=101954747
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy