Author Topic: California sacrifices bald and golden eagles for “Green” energy  (Read 164 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California sacrifices bald and golden eagles for “Green” energy
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |August 10th, 2023

In a major setback for the protection of wildlife, California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) signed a bill that will allow operators of wind and solar projects to slaughter bald and golden eagles, along with other raptors, under the guise of promoting “clean” energy in the state.

Senate Bill 147, sponsored by Sen. Angelique Ashby (D-Sacramento), and enthusiastically backed by the Democratic majority, will sanction the “incidental take” of wildlife in the pursuit of clearing the way for more green energy projects in the Golden State.

Sen. Ashby’s bill applies to solar photovoltaic projects, apartment infrastructure upgrades, and wind projects, along with associated electric transmission projects carrying high-voltage power from a facility located in the state to a point of junction with any California-based balancing authority.

The new law will “authorize the Department of Fish and Wildlife to issue a permit under the California Endangered Species Act (CESA) that would authorize ‘the take’ of a fully protected species resulting from impacts attributable to the implementation of specified projects if certain conditions are satisfied, including, among others, the conditions required for the issuance of an incidental take permit.”

https://www.cfact.org/2023/08/10/california-sacrifices-bald-and-golden-eagles-for-green-energy/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=california-sacrifices-bald-and-golden-eagles-for-green-energy&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=california-sacrifices-bald-and-golden-eagles-for-green-energy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson