Author Topic: Biden Just Threw A Wrench In Efforts To Reduce America’s Reliance On Russian Uranium  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Just Threw A Wrench In Efforts To Reduce America’s Reliance On Russian Uranium

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

NICK POPE
CONTRIBUTOR
August 08, 2023
12:03 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that it has designated nearly 1 million acres in Arizona outside the Grand Canyon as a monument, a move that could further America’s reliance on Russia for sourcing uranium.

The monument designation will permanently prohibit new mining claims in the covered 917,618 acres, parts of which are known for having rich deposits of uranium, an essential material for generating nuclear energy, according to E&E News. The Biden administration is justifying the designation by pointing to the land’s cultural significance to local Native American tribes in accordance with its wider push for “environmental justice,” according to the White House.

President Joe Biden formally announced the monument designation during a Tuesday speech at Arizona’s Historic Red Butte Airfield, according to the White House. “I pledge to keep using all available authority to protect sacred tribal lands,” Biden said during his remarks, adding that “there’s more work ahead to combat the existential threat of climate change.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/08/biden-grand-canyon-monument-russia-uranium-arizona/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have shown repeatedly they are pro-power for and to our enemies, anti-power for America and Americans.  Even village idiots understand that much.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions