Author Topic: DeSantis and Ramaswamy sign RNC pledge to support 2024 GOP presidential nominee  (Read 357 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis and Ramaswamy sign RNC pledge to support 2024 GOP presidential nominee

By Victor Nava
August 9, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy have both signed a pledge to support the eventual 2024 Republican Party nominee for president, a requirement set forth by the Republican National Committee for candidates to qualify for the first presidential primary debate later this month.

Ramaswamy on Tuesday became the first GOP candidate for president to formally sign the so-called “Beat Biden pledge,” according to the Washington Post.

Also, the DeSantis campaign on Wednesday tweeted an image of the Sunshine State governor’s signature on the document.

“See you in Milwaukee!” read the tweet posted by the Team DeSantis account, referencing the location of the Aug. 23 debate.

The DeSantis campaign tweet also revealed part of the pledge.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/desantis-and-ramaswamy-sign-rnc-pledge-to-support-2024-gop-presidential-nominee/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I, Ron DeSantis, affirm that I agree to appear in only Primary and General Election debates that have been sanctioned by the Republican National Committee, pursuant to Rule 10(a)(11) of The Rules of the Republican Party. I acknowledge and accept that if I fail to sign this pledge or if I participate in any debate that has not been sanctioned by the Republican National Committee, I will not be eligible to participate in any further Republican National Committee sanctioned debates.

Additionally, I affirm that if I do not win the 2024 Republican nomination for President of the United States, I will honor the will of the primary voters and support the nominee in order to save our country and beat Joe Biden.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/ron-desantis-officially-signs-2024-gop-loyalty-pledge/

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 12:02:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Perhaps we can start a poll on whether the Spoilt Orange Child will also sign the pledge.  My bet is that he won't.  He's too much of an insufferable narcissist who thinks the entire world revolves around him.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Perhaps we can start a poll on whether the Spoilt Orange Child will also sign the pledge.  My bet is that he won't.  He's too much of an insufferable narcissist who thinks the entire world revolves around him.

Like this.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Is your motto "The Uniparty or Bust!" ?

Perhaps we can start a poll on whether the Spoilt Orange Child will also sign the pledge.  My bet is that he won't.

Or, you can read the Forum:

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,508723.0.html

Offline corbe

Brian Kemp pushes back on Trump refusal to sign loyalty pledge

by Mabinty Quarshie, National Politics Correspondent
August 10, 2023 11:46 AM

Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) had choice words for former President Donald Trump over his refusal to sign a loyalty pledge, a requirement to participate in the Republican National Committee's first primary debate on Aug. 23 in Milwaukee.

"Every Republican running for President would be better than Joe Biden," Kemp posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. "Any candidate who does not commit to supporting the eventual nominee is putting themselves ahead of the future of our country. 2024 is too important for political games."

Trump told Newsmax host Eric Bolling he wouldn't sign the pledge, a promise to back whoever becomes the party standard-bearer in 2024, during a Wednesday interview.

"Why would I sign it? There are people on there that I wouldn’t have," the former president said. "They want you to sign a pledge, but I can name three or four people that I wouldn’t support for president. So, right there, there’s a problem." Trump declined to name the candidates he wouldn't support as president.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kemp-pushes-back-against-trump-for-not-signing-loyalty-pledge
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Which begs the question 'Is it Trump First or America First'?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Which begs the question 'Is it Trump First or America First'?

I assume that that's a rhetorical question.