Author Topic: How To Push a Climate Hoax 10: Turning Boring Statistics into a Hollywood Horror Show  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How To Push a Climate Hoax 10: Turning Boring Statistics into a Hollywood Horror Show
14 hours ago Guest Blogger 
Jim Steele

The formula for Hollywood horror films is simple. Take a normal sized creature and magnify it into a gigantic threat suggesting we’re all going to die. Just consider King Kong, Godzilla, Alien, Jaws, Alligators, Frankenfish. To give credibility to those monsters, scary movies include a few scientists claiming those giants are “existential threats” due to pollution or radiation created by humans. Similarly, Biden fearmongers climate change is an existential threat, and Al Gore fabricates the “oceans are boiling”.

Here, Dr Richard Lindzen, atmospheric physicist extraordinaire and emeritus professor from Harvard and MIT, describes how alarmist scientists have scared the bejesus out of people by turning a very small temperature change into a monster.

First understand, averaging winter and summer temperatures produces a useless number that would totally obscure local weather dynamics. Barrow, Alaska averages a summertime high of 47°F (8.3°C) while the winter high averages -18°F (-27.8°C). Miami, Florida averages a summertime high of 86.3°F (30.1°C) and a winter high of 74°F (23.3°C). Averaging Miami and Barrow’s annual temperatures would be equally worthless. So, scientists don’t calculate a globally averaged temperature, but instead show the average anomalies.

Dr. Lindzen graphed the average seasonal anomalies for each weather station in the BEST temperature data base from 1900 to the present. A station’s anomaly is defined as any deviation from its 30-year mean. The results are not very scary. On any given day about half the weather stations experience warm anomalies while half experience cooling anomalies.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/09/how-to-push-a-climate-hoax-10-turning-boring-statistics-into-a-hollywood-horror-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson