Author Topic: Transgender troops warned to avoid Florida over discriminatory laws  (Read 298 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transgender troops warned to avoid Florida over discriminatory laws
By Eden Stratton, The War Horse
 Aug 11, 05:00 AM

When Jodi Jeloudov walked into the West Palm Beach Veterans Affairs center for her monthly doctor’s appointment this summer, she felt on edge. For eight years, she had approached VA the same way: high heels clipping the pavement, makeup adorning her face.

As a transgender veteran, she faces persecution and harassment every time she visits, she tells The War Horse.

After she left the appointment, Jeloudov stopped to use the women’s restroom. VA employees spotted her, removed her, and questioned her.

For Jeloudov, the situation was hardly new. But this time, she recorded it.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-military/2023/08/11/transgender-troops-warned-to-avoid-florida-over-discriminatory-laws/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Transgender troops warned to avoid Florida over discriminatory laws
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 05:03:08 pm »
By Eden Stratton, The War Horse
 Aug 11, 05:00 AM

When Jodi Jeloudov walked into the West Palm Beach Veterans Affairs center for her monthly doctor’s appointment this summer, she felt on edge. For eight years, she had approached VA the same way: high heels clipping the pavement, makeup adorning her face.

As a transgender veteran, she faces persecution and harassment every time she visits, she tells The War Horse.

After she left the appointment, Jeloudov stopped to use the women’s restroom. VA employees spotted her, removed her, and questioned her.

For Jeloudov, the situation was hardly new. But this time, she recorded it.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-military/2023/08/11/transgender-troops-warned-to-avoid-florida-over-discriminatory-laws/

Well, that's because "she" is not a she, he's a he who has a fetish for flouncing around in ladies' clothing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 05:15:08 pm »
 ////00000////

So, any active military member that won't go to Florida must be transgender?  That's the only logical conslusion.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 06:48:57 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 06:54:58 pm »
Jodi Jeloudov (No Party Affiliation) ran for election for Governor of Florida. Jeloudov did not appear on the ballot for the general election on November 8, 2020.

https://ballotpedia.org/Jodi_Jeloudov

Nut case.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 11:37:54 pm »

As there really is no such thing as "transgender troops," I guess we'll be okay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org