Author Topic: Biden announces plans to visit Vietnam ‘shortly’  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden announces plans to visit Vietnam ‘shortly’
« on: August 09, 2023, 05:40:20 pm »
 Biden announces plans to visit Vietnam ‘shortly’
by Alex Gangitano - 08/09/23 9:41 AM ET

President Biden on Tuesday announced he will be visiting Vietnam “shortly” during remarks at a campaign fundraiser, not elaborating on details about his upcoming trip.

“I’m going to be going to Vietnam shortly because Vietnam wants to change our relationship and become a partner,” Biden told a group of donors in New Mexico. “We find ourselves in a situation where all these changes around the world are taking place at a time — we have an opportunity … to change the dynamic.”

He was discussing in his remarks that “allegiances are changing around the world” as a result of the war in Ukraine.

“They’re changing in terms of, for example, the idea that there was going to be a response to his aggression in Ukraine was not likely,” he said, adding that he spent “over 200 hours with the heads of state of the European countries to hold this together.”

National security spokesman John Kirby told reporters on Wednesday that he didn’t have any travel details to share, adding, “we have a very good relationship with Vietnam and that relationship is improving and its improving across lots of sectors.”

The president said during a campaign reception in Maine last month that Vietnam leadership has wanted to elevate the U.S. relationship.

“I’ve gotten a call from the head of Vietnam, desperately wants to meet me when I go to the G-20,” Biden said, referring to the upcoming Group of 20 summit. “He wants to elevate us to a major partner, along with Russia and China. What do you think that’s about?  No, I’m not joking.”

The G-20 summit is in New Delhi in September.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4145126-biden-announces-plans-to-visit-vietnam-shortly/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden announces plans to visit Vietnam ‘shortly’
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 05:42:32 pm »
WTF?!?!?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 06:54:21 pm »
Joe's going is a Follow-up to Heels-ups highly successful Asian tour several years ago.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 10:31:15 pm »
He'll probably want to take a side trip to Bangkok. You know, for the children.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 03:02:57 am »
Thank God there are no serious issues making life difficult for Americans that Captain Dementia should be attending to. Ah what the hell, let him go to Vietnam, mumble, bumble, stumble and insult the Vietnamese. Maybe he could invite the traitor Fonda to show him around and reminisce how she took the notes given to her by prisoners to give to their families back home and turned over to the Vietcong...........I bet it still brings a smile to her face thinking about the extra abuse the prisoners received because of her duplicitous acts.