Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Biden Admin Increases Migrant Releases as Border Policies Crumble Under Another Surge  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Biden Admin Increases Migrant Releases as Border Policies Crumble Under Another Surge

RANDY CLARK9 Aug 2023184

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials received a directive from their Washington, DC, headquarters instructing Border Patrol sectors to increase migrant releases, according to a source. On Tuesday, the number of migrants held in detention across the southwest border neared 20,000 following a renewed surge of migrant crossings. The directive called for the release of migrant family unit members into the United States in lieu of removal under Title 8.

Breitbart Texas reviewed a directive sent to Border Patrol sector chief patrol agents on Monday. As of Tuesday, the detention count had been reduced by nearly 2,000 migrants and remained slightly above 17,000 migrants held in custody of the agency at temporary detention centers. No expiration date of the order to release migrants was given, and according to the confidential source who is not authorized to speak to media, the releases will be a short-term “decompression” measure in place until migrant custody numbers reach a more manageable level.

The directive did not limit the release of migrant family unit members by nationality or reason for illegally entering the county. No process of qualifying for relief or conduct of asylum credible fear hearings was mandated. The need to quickly alleviate facility overcrowding became dire over the weekend. As reported by Breitbart Texas, some Border Patrol facilities were at more than double capacity on Saturday.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/08/09/exclusive-biden-admin-increases-migrant-releases-as-border-policies-crumble-under-another-surge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson