Author Topic: US Army plans to grow Patriot missile defense force  (Read 179 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army plans to grow Patriot missile defense force
« on: August 09, 2023, 04:08:54 pm »
US Army plans to grow Patriot missile defense force
By Jen Judson
 Aug 8, 01:35 PM

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — The U.S. Army will grow its Patriot air and missile defense force structure, the head of Space and Missile Defense Command told reporters in an Aug. 8 briefing.

“The Army senior leaders — from the secretary [to] the chief — they recognize the demands on the Patriot force,” Lt. Gen. Daniel Karbler said at the Space and Missile Defense Symposium. “We are addressing that through increasing our Patriot units that are out there.”

Karbler would not specifically say how many more Patriot units the Army plans to field, noting he did not want to get ahead of Army senior leadership. “We have a requirement to grow Patriot force structure; we will grow Patriot force structure,” he said.

Congress requested the Army report on whether it needs more Patriot batteries in the fiscal 2023 National Defense Authorization Act. The Army has 15 Patriot battalions across the active force with funding authorized to build one more.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2023/08/08/us-army-plans-to-grow-patriot-missile-defense-force/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army plans to grow Patriot missile defense force
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 04:10:03 pm »
They plan to get the bodies to man them from where? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson