Author Topic: 10 ways American culture and way of life is under assault  (Read 312 times)

Offline Kamaji

10 ways American culture and way of life is under assault
« on: August 08, 2023, 11:59:55 am »
10 ways American culture and way of life is under assault

By Victor Davis Hanson
August 7, 2023

We are in the midst of one of the most radical revolutions in American history. It is as far-reaching and dangerous as the turbulent years of the 1850s and 1860s or the 1930s.

Every aspect of American life and culture is under assault, including the very processes by which we govern ourselves, and the manner in which we live.

The Revolution began under the Obama administration that sought to divide Americans into oppressed and oppressors, and then substitute race for class victimization.

It was empowered by the bicoastal wealth accrued from globalization, and honed during the COVID lockdown, quarantine-fed economic downturn, and the George Floyd riots and their aftermath.

The Revolution was boosted by fanatic opposition to the presidency of Donald Trump.

And the result is an America that is unrecognizable from what it was a mere decade ago.

Here are 10 upheavals that the Left has successfully wrought.

1. FREE EXPRESSION
In large swatches of American society — particularly the corporation, the media, the government, the public schools, and the university — it is suddenly dangerous to speak freely.

2. THE WEAPONIZATION OF JUSTICE
Administrations and their efforts to stock the justice department with supporters come and go.

But in the last decade the Left has viewed the Department of Justice as a political extension of the party — whose unchecked power must properly be directed to hurt enemies and help friends

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/10-ways-american-culture-and-way-of-life-is-under-assault/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 10 ways American culture and way of life is under assault
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 12:46:18 am »
3. THE ATTACK ON THE SUPREME COURT
4. THE MEDIA DEMOCRATIC FUSION
5. THE DESTRUCTION OF COMMON LAW
6. THE EROSION OF THE MILITARY
7. SEXES
8. RACE, NOT CLASS
9. DEBT IS A CONSTRUCT
10. UNIVERSITIES

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 01:11:34 am »
Life was simpler in the late 70's  All I had to really worry about was how far a pay check would take me.  Three needs. 1.  Rent. 2. Food. 3. Getting laid. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 11:41:17 am »
Life was simpler in the late 70's  All I had to really worry about was how far a pay check would take me.  Three needs. 1.  Rent. 2. Food. 3. Getting laid. 

No beer?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 04:38:25 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.