Author Topic: Four times abortion has been a losing point for the GOP in elections  (Read 1388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Four times abortion has been a losing point for the GOP in elections
Jack Birle

The Republican-backed Issue 1 failed in Ohio on Tuesday, the latest defeat in elections in which abortion was the key issue for voters.

The ballot initiative sought to require a 60% affirmative vote to modify the state constitution by ballot initiative, rather than the current simple majority, ahead of a vote on an initiative to codify abortion rights in the Ohio Constitution in November. Since the overruling of Roe v. Wade in the 2022 Supreme Court decision Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, abortion has been a losing point for the GOP.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/four-times-abortion-losing-topic-gop-elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Four times abortion has been a losing point for the GOP in elections
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 01:10:34 am »
With the passage of time, the Dobbs decision is going to be seen as a Pyrrhic victory for the right.

It is a "gift that keeps on giving" -- to the DCommunists and the left.

Thought it can be claimed as a moral and Constitutional victory, it has done next-to-nothing to help the right, and done much damage instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 07:05:12 pm »
With the passage of time, the Dobbs decision is going to be seen as a Pyrrhic victory for the right.

Thought it can be claimed as a moral and Constitutional victory, it has done next-to-nothing to help the right, and done much damage instead.

It depends on how you look at the results. Yes, it is a terrible disappointment to see women voting in large numbers to have the right to murder babies that haven't been born yet. However, rather than lamenting the political losses that are mounting I rejoice in the hundreds of thousands of lives that have been saved.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 07:19:58 pm »
It depends on how you look at the results. Yes, it is a terrible disappointment to see women voting in large numbers to have the right to murder babies that haven't been born yet. However, rather than lamenting the political losses that are mounting I rejoice in the hundreds of thousands of lives that have been saved.

Some hills are worth dying on.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 07:26:29 pm »

"Speak for yourself, John Alden!"  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 07:52:44 pm »
Some would rather call evil good to win elections.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 08:39:17 pm »
"Speak for yourself, John Alden!"  /s

I had to look that name up to tell if that was a complement or an insult :-)

Online berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 08:44:55 pm »

Absolutely. Maybe the political hill can be fought in another battle without losing this hill.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 08:51:03 pm »
I had to look that name up to tell if that was a complement or an insult :-)

:laugh:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 08:53:58 pm »
I'm still holding out that it was Dobbs that broke the big red wave and not Trump toxicity.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 09:37:34 pm »
It's not so much abortion ... it's more of Government overreach into personal reproductive and vaccination medical decisions.

The Government shouldn't force you to take a jab; nor should it force a woman to risk death when she's miscarrying.

To give Government such authority over our personal healthcare decisions brings America that much closer to becoming a totalitarian regime, akin to Iran and China.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 01:27:53 am »

:amen:

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 01:33:21 am »
It's not so much abortion ... it's more of Government overreach into personal reproductive and vaccination medical decisions.

The Government shouldn't force you to take a jab; nor should it force a woman to risk death when she's miscarrying.

To give Government such authority over our personal healthcare decisions brings America that much closer to becoming a totalitarian regime, akin to Iran and China.

Is it a clump of cells, or is it a human being that hasn't been born yet? I believe it to be the latter.

I would like to know the States that require a woman to have the baby when her life is truly in danger. We can fight to change that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2023, 01:45:26 am »
Killing babies is OK if it is politically expedient.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2023, 09:43:29 am »

Especially true when some on the right are now talking about re-federalizing the abortion issue, try to outdo each other on limiting the weeks of pregnancy permissable, debate the validity of exceptions for rape, incest and mother's health, and consider legal punishments.

It's been 50 years since the Roe v Wade decision.  Instead of using that time to influence hearts and minds, Republicans/Conservatives have ignored the women involved and focused on petitioning the government.  They're still at it.    **nononono*

@Fishrrman

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2023, 11:08:54 am »
I'm still holding out that it was Dobbs that broke the big red wave and not Trump toxicity.

Maybe partially

Except that Republicans who did favor more restrictions on abortion than their Democrat opponents, won their elections

Kemp, Sununu, DeSantis, and even our own senator, for example, had their opponents try to make abortion restriction an issue, and all of them won reelection.

What they all have in common is separating themselves from a Trump endorsement

Dr. Oz, who was endorsed by Donald Trump, for example, did say that abortion should be left up to the states and he lost

Maybe the candidates would be better just taking the Rush Limbaugh position on abortion which is similar to mine. His position was it was better to work to change the hearts and minds of people versus passing all kinds of laws.

I’m a little bit more moderate on the abortion question than Ron DeSantis is. It’s one of the areas I probably disagree with him somewhat on
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 11:19:43 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2023, 04:46:54 pm »

I don't want to be anywhere near those people when they face judgement.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2023, 05:41:46 pm »
Did Jack Birle - after a bit of rooting around, I learned he is a reporter for the Washington Examiner - speak to Rs' disdain for Pro-Life people and banishing them to the back of the bus in 1992 and 1996? Bill Clinton still owes those R "leaders" a thank you card for their contribution to his election successes. Birle may be too young to have substantial memories from those elections, but he could have done a bit of research..
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2023, 06:16:06 pm »
I don't want to be anywhere near those people when they face judgement.

We will each face judgement @bilo

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2023, 06:21:48 pm »
The overturning of Roe v Wade was probably the most catalyzing moment for the dems in the ‘22 midterms.  They were headed for a rout and the SCOTUS ruling brought them to the polls in multitudes.

As evil as abortion is, it’s unfortunately wildly popular in this country, and it will limit GOP electoral success for a long time.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 06:22:07 pm »

No one has claimed it is.  But continuing to focus on political solutions, as the past 50 years prove, does little to nothing to save lives.  In fact, it empowers and energizes the satanists among us.

How many unopened gifts of life are Republicans/Conservatives willing to return to God before figuring this out?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 06:45:08 pm »
The overturning of Roe v Wade was probably the most catalyzing moment for the dems in the ‘22 midterms.  They were headed for a rout and the SCOTUS ruling brought them to the polls in multitudes.

As evil as abortion is, it’s unfortunately wildly popular in this country, and it will limit GOP electoral success for a long time.

People need to understand that the issue and rules surrounding abortion was returned to the states.  It has become a state issue.

I don't believe that abortion after a certain period of time is wildly popular, especially late term abortions or even ending life after birth!

What is truly limiting GOP success is the DEMS' ability to steal elections and they stand united.  The GOP does not stand united and still remains deeply severed with only a few true conservatives seated and the remaining lean liberal. 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 09:16:52 pm »
People need to understand that the issue and rules surrounding abortion was returned to the states.  It has become a state issue.

I don't believe that abortion after a certain period of time is wildly popular, especially late term abortions or even ending life after birth!

What is truly limiting GOP success is the DEMS' ability to steal elections and they stand united.  The GOP does not stand united and still remains deeply severed with only a few true conservatives seated and the remaining lean liberal.

But yet, we see a majority of women voting for the right to murder babies before they are born.

I understand we live in a culture that doesn't call for personal responsibility. Odds are this won't change for most young women, but for those that reject the feminist dogma and pursue a traditional lifestyle the odds are they will be happier in the end.

Unfortunately, the Pubs don't put up much of a fight over anything. The Pubs are afraid to defend the right of the unborn to live. If they won't fight for something so foundational it's very unlikely they will fight election fraud.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 09:50:59 pm »

And as long as the GOP continues to be divided, there will be pearl-clutching and myriad other excuses why it lost the elections that without fraud it may have won.

But, too as long as the GOP fails to recognize its problems they will remain, and there are many in the ranks who are just fine with that--or they would have taken steps to change it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2023, 03:41:33 pm »
And as long as the GOP continues to be divided, there will be pearl-clutching and myriad other excuses why it lost the elections that without fraud it may have won.

But, too as long as the GOP fails to recognize its problems they will remain, and there are many in the ranks who are just fine with that--or they would have taken steps to change it.

I'm with you!

As I've tried to look at this problem objectively I've become more convinced we can't beat the Rats. They are united in their hatred of traditional Judeo-Christian values and the understanding that our rights are God given not dictated by govt., or a monarch. The Rats are masters at projection and manipulation of language. Abortion is a great example of this. Women have been indoctrinated with the idea that destroying human life is actually not destroying life it is an act of independent empowerment.