Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 15863 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2023, 09:05:07 pm »
Maui wildfire death toll rises to 80, with 1,500 still missing, making blaze worst natural disaster in Hawaii state history

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12398843/Maui-wildfire-death-toll-rises-unde
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2023, 09:42:56 pm »
How the hell are wildfires even possible on an island in the middle of the biggest body of water on Earth? Something isn't right here at all. We're being bamboozled.

Funny how social media is filling up with people all of a sudden telling people not to vacation in Hawaii now. As if this whole story was some ginned-up hoax they're trying to cover up.

Are you saying that there aren't really any fires, or that they're not that large?

I'm just kind of curious as to exactly what the scam is supposed to be.

@jmyrlefuller
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 11:43:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2023, 10:45:09 pm »
How the hell are wildfires even possible on an island in the middle of the biggest body of water on Earth? Something isn't right here at all. We're being bamboozled.

Funny how social media is filling up with people all of a sudden telling people not to vacation in Hawaii now. As if this whole story was some ginned-up hoax they're trying to cover up.

Go to Maui and see how long it takes to walk the circumference.  These islands look small on a globe but large when you stand on one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2023, 12:09:35 am »
I have a co-worker who has a sister on Kauai island who's volunteering for helping those on Maui. She says it is every bit as bad or worse than what the media is reporting.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2023, 12:10:42 am »

It's from a conbo of factors, but the winds from hurricane Dora are what has exacerbated it.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2023, 12:15:13 am »
The development opportunities are astounding.   Can you imagine how many people  didn't have insurance.  Man If i had some money I would be all in on taking advantage of the people.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2023, 12:54:09 am »
I've seen this conspiracy whispers about how the fires are supposedly fake.  I just can't fathom what the motive would be, or how anyone believes it would be possible to pull it off.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2023, 01:16:52 am »
I've seen this conspiracy whispers about how the fires are supposedly fake.  I just can't fathom what the motive would be, or how anyone believes it would be possible to pull it off.
Climate change activists and their allies in the media, pushing for more government. It's the same shtick that Italy used in 2020 to drive us all into lockdown.

And now with the big push to avoid going there, no one will verify.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2023, 02:43:16 am »
Climate change activists and their allies in the media, pushing for more government. It's the same shtick that Italy used in 2020 to drive us all into lockdown.

And now with the big push to avoid going there, no one will verify.

@jmyrlefuller

You mean verify that the fires are actually happening, rather than just being made up?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2023, 04:18:01 am »
Sounds not unlike a prairie fire out this way.

Those have consumed entire small towns, lofting embers into the air that can travel ahead of the flame front for miles.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2023, 11:10:33 am »
I haven't heard what actually started the fire - arson, lightning? Has anyone rational (not a climate alarmist) offered an opinion on the cause?
The hurricane winds certainly caused it to spread rapidly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2023, 12:45:30 pm »
Death toll at 93
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2023, 01:23:50 pm »
I haven't heard what actually started the fire - arson, lightning? Has anyone rational (not a climate alarmist) offered an opinion on the cause?
The hurricane winds certainly caused it to spread rapidly.

Maui was suffering a drought so lightning is probably out. High winds from hurricane Dora may have blown down a power line sparking it off. That is my guess.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
The development opportunities are astounding.   Can you imagine how many people  didn't have insurance.  Man If i had some money I would be all in on taking advantage of the people.
No you wouldn't.  As I've seen you mellow out over the years, you are too nice of a guy to take advantage of people in this way.  happy77 @Wingnut

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2023, 02:28:23 pm »
Just because Warmistas (or Covidians, or ...) use an event for their propaganda does not mean the event is not real.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2023, 03:15:25 pm »
No you wouldn't.  As I've seen you mellow out over the years, you are too nice of a guy to take advantage of people in this way.  happy77 @Wingnut

C'mon.  Don't harsh my mellow!
@Jack Russell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2023, 03:46:52 pm »
Just because Warmistas (or Covidians, or ...) use an event for their propaganda does not mean the event is not real.

Exactly.  The level of conspiracy it would take is impossible.

There are 200,000 or so people on that island at any one time, including tourists from all over the world, all of whom would have cellphones and the ability to post video. 

My daughter and boyfriend just got home today and witnessed it personally.  I don't expect a skeptic to be convinced by a random guy on the Internet saying that his daughter saw it, but it is an illustration of how many hundreds of thousands of additional people would have to be in on the conspiracy.  Just one of them posting video showing everything is fine would end it.

There are all the neighboring islands that can see the smoke, airplanes full of people and crew that can see it from a distance, all the ships of varying nationalities that could see it.

Then, there are all the satellites from other countries that can see if the fires are real, many of which would love nothing more than to completely destroy the credibility of the U.S. government by showing images that Maui is just fine.

And yet, there isn't a single one of those people saying "no fires".  It's all people typing away on their keyboards thousands of miles away who claim it is just a co souracy, and not happening.

It simply is not possible to make it all up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 08:49:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2023, 03:56:00 pm »
Exactly.  The level of conspiracy it would take is impossible.

There are 200,000 or so people on that island at any one time, including tourists from all over the world, all of whom would have cellphones and the ability to post video. 

My daughter and boyfriend just got home today and witnessed it personally.  I don't expect a skeptic to be convinced by a random guy on the Internet saying that his daughter saw it, but it is an illustration of how many hundreds of thousands of additional people would have to be in on it.

There are all the neighboring islands that can see the smoke, airplanes full of people as crew that can see it from a distance, all the ships of varying nationalities that could see it.

Then, there are all the satellites from other countries that can see if the fires are real, many of which would love nothing more than to completely destroy the credibility of the U.S. government by showing images that Maui is just fine.

It simply is not possible to make it all up.

Personally, I find it ridiculous to think that this is some sort of hoax.  Prayers up for all those affected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline American Girl

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2023, 09:21:24 pm »
Main Stream Media is NEVER honest about anything. They push their own narrative for their own benefit and purposes.

This is going to turn into the biggest land grab. The government has done this since the 1800s in the West.

https://www.usasupreme.com/video-this-was-not-a-natural-disaster-alleged-maui-island-hawaii-fire-survivor-and-firsthand-witness-raise-disturbing-questions-about-deadly-wildfire/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2023, 09:38:11 pm »
Hurricane winds can be 300 miles offshore and still be felt.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2023, 09:41:26 pm »

What the hell is she/it talking about.  I don't do that usasupreme site.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2023, 09:45:47 pm »
Merged threads. Please keep Maui wildfire info on this thread.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2023, 09:56:16 pm »
What the hell is she/it talking about.  I don't do that usasupreme site.

I didn't find her story credible as there was just not enough substance to what she was saying.  Winds never come from the East?  I didn't quite follow her point -- so someone made the winds come from the East-- I missed what she was stating.

I do believe that there was a lack of warning but we are sent texts as well here when a hurricane is approaching along with the news that doesn't exactly coincide with each other.  Forecasters begin to panic - they're human. 

I do know that hurricanes, storms, fires, tornadoes, etc., are unpredictable.  What impact they are going to have is usually well known when it's a little too late to head in a better direction.

I don't trust our government and that she doesn't have to convince me of.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2023, 10:20:17 pm »
My understanding is that the hurricane in conjunction with a other weather system, low?, cause the trade winds to pickup speed and be channeled over Maui that resulted in the 80+mph winds and that with whatever ignition source cause the firestorm feeding on all the drought died grasses. But hey that's kind of sciencey reasoning....let's just go with a government bogey man instead.