Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 16695 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2023, 04:53:42 pm »
Same thing in California.

Yep, and level of potential loss of life is exponentially higher too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2023, 04:54:33 pm »
Bears repeating that the root cause of this disaster was the blue state's obsession with building green energy infrastructure, and shifting to its capitalization instead of maintaing existing equipment.

This is a tightly held secret by the enviro-whackos, but if the truth is told, these enviro-whackos are complicit in murder of those poor victims in Lahaina.

Unintended consequences @catfish1957

Nothing more.

I'm surprised a metal roofing company never saw the opportunity there.

May have saved hundreds of structures and the souls inside.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2023, 04:57:35 pm »
Unintended consequences @catfish1957

Nothing more.

Got your point, but  kind of like when a drunk driver runs over a child.  Unintended consequence, but still neglient homicide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2023, 05:07:48 pm »
Bears repeating that the root cause of this disaster was the blue state's obsession with building green energy infrastructure, and shifting to its capitalization instead of maintaing existing equipment.

This is a tightly held secret by the enviro-whackos, but if the truth is told, these enviro-whackos are complicit in murder of those poor victims in Lahaina.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2023, 05:10:57 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2023, 05:24:30 pm »
Bare electrical wire and leaning poles on Maui were possible cause of deadly fires
By JENNIFER McDERMOTT, BERNARD CONDON and MICHAEL BIESECKER
Updated 11:46 AM EDT, August 26, 2023
Associated Press

In the first moments of the Maui fires, when high winds brought down power poles, slapping electrified wires to the dry grass below, there was a reason the flames erupted all at once in long, neat rows -- those wires were bare, uninsulated metal that could spark on contact.

Videos and images analyzed by The Associated Press confirmed those wires were among miles of line that Hawaiian Electric Co. left naked to the weather and often-thick foliage, despite a recent push by utilities in other wildfire- and hurricane-prone areas to cover up their lines or bury them.

Compounding the problem is that many of the utility’s 60,000, mostly wooden power poles, which its own documents described as built to “an obsolete 1960s standard,” were leaning and near the end of their projected lifespan. They were nowhere close to meeting a 2002 national standard that key components of Hawaii’s electrical grid be able to withstand 105 mile per hour winds. A 2019 filing said it had fallen behind in replacing the old wooden poles because of other priorities and warned of a “serious public hazard” if they “failed.” ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2023, 06:41:57 pm »
What Really Happened on Maui - I Was There

My story of what happened:

The Strange Maui Fires

A friend called me early on the morning of Tuesday, August 8th and told me he had a strong urge to visit Lahaina that day. Tempting me with lunch at Cool Cats, one of my favorite eateries in Old Lahaina, I said “Okay. Let’s go!”

The 30 minute drive was without incident, without winds, and without any warning advisories. As soon as we reached Lahaina, all power got zapped. Cell phone, internet, traffic lights, GPS, the 911 emergency system (which is never supposed to go down) and the power outage caused every store and shopping mall to immediately close. Nothing was open.

Then the winds came in, bringing with it a rare rainless hurricane with gusts from 60-80mph. Trees became uprooted and branches were coming down everywhere, along with power poles. I heard a crash behind me and where I was less than 30 seconds prior was a crashed and uprooted tree. It was time to get out of there.

No evacuation sirens ever went off that day when the fires began. They failed as well. My friend and I had to escape through the back road going all the way around the island as all traffic was blocked in the other direction. Many might not have known about this back route since GPS was down...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2023, 06:55:06 pm »
Cool Cats was a 50's themed burger joint in the very small town near where I lived in California 20 some odd years ago. I knew the owners, a father and son, as I was a regular there. They are good people. They expanded into a nearby college town and later opened a location on Maui. The original location I went to closed (the building was demolished for a new development) but the college town location is still open today. The Maui location burnt to the ground. Rough times.

Online libertybele

« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2023, 07:03:43 pm »

The Strange Maui Fires

A friend called me early on the morning of Tuesday, August 8th and told me he had a strong urge to visit Lahaina that day. Tempting me with lunch at Cool Cats, one of my favorite eateries in Old Lahaina, I said “Okay. Let’s go!”

The 30 minute drive was without incident, without winds, and without any warning advisories. As soon as we reached Lahaina, all power got zapped. Cell phone, internet, traffic lights, GPS, the 911 emergency system (which is never supposed to go down) and the power outage caused every store and shopping mall to immediately close. Nothing was open.

Then the winds came in, bringing with it a rare rainless hurricane with gusts from 60-80mph. Trees became uprooted and branches were coming down everywhere, along with power poles. I heard a crash behind me and where I was less than 30 seconds prior was a crashed and uprooted tree. It was time to get out of there.

No evacuation sirens ever went off that day when the fires began. They failed as well. My friend and I had to escape through the back road going all the way around the island as all traffic was blocked in the other direction. Many might not have known about this back route since GPS was down...

Prayers up for those in Lahaina.  The evilness and corruption continues....
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2023, 07:05:37 pm »

The Strange Maui Fires

A interesting story about how quickly things happened and how much went wrong, would have been better if he had left out the loony.
I personally experienced a strange flooding wave of energy in my head, almost like seizure activity, which I have come to identity as dark energy coming in.

This was not just a random act of mother nature. It reminded me of the strange fires in Paradise, California a few years back which swept through and wiped it off the map. Their only crime was getting in the way of a high speed railway project slated to come through the town.

This was in fact a random act of nature, a rare occurrence of two parallel weather systems working to funnel high winds across a dry primed Maui. Now whether that situation was compounded by incompetence, Gaia worshiping idiocy and even deliberate acts that resulted in extreme loss of life of all types and property I don't doubt.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2023, 07:06:25 pm »

The Strange Maui Fires

Very interesting..I just read (somewhere) that residents were warning others not to sell their land to any developers taking advantage of the situation..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2023, 08:34:28 pm »
‘We’re All Trapped Here…They’re Blocking Off All Exits’: Driver Furious as Police Vehicle Speeds Past Him to ‘Trap’ Residents Fleeing Lahaina Wildfires
by Adan Salazar
August 25th 2023, 1:05 pm

Video shows police vehicle speed past Lahaina motorists as they tried to escape deadly wildfires.
'Probably to block our street,' noted resident stuck in line of cars.

https://twitter.com/realstewpeters/status/1694439043809865737

more
https://www.infowars.com/posts/were-all-trapped-here-theyre-blocking-off-all-exits-driver-furious-as-police-vehicle-speeds-past-him-to-trap-residents-fleeing-lahaina-wildfires/

Shocking footage out of Maui shows a police vehicle presumably on its way to block residents of Lahaina, Hawaii, from escaping as deadly wildfires raged.

The video appears to have been shot by a resident stuck in a line of cars on a highway as high winds impacted the region shortly before fires tore through and destroyed the town.

“Good luck,” the driver of a car stuck in a line of vehicles said as he filmed a police squad car passing him.

“Look at this. Holy shit. This is a nightmare,” the man noted, going on to add, “I don’t know where he’s going. Probably to block our street.”

“They’re going to bleep barbecue all these people down in Lahaina,” the man ominously predicted.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2023, 08:41:33 pm »
‘We’re All Trapped Here…They’re Blocking Off All Exits’: Driver Furious as Police Vehicle Speeds Past Him to ‘Trap’ Residents Fleeing Lahaina Wildfires
by Adan Salazar

Video shows police vehicle speed past Lahaina motorists as they tried to escape deadly wildfires.

more
https://www.infowars.com/posts/were-all-trapped-here-theyre-blocking-off-all-exits-driver-furious-as-police-vehicle-speeds-past-him-to-trap-residents-fleeing-lahaina-wildfires/

Shocking footage out of Maui shows a police vehicle presumably on its way to block residents of Lahaina, Hawaii, from escaping as deadly wildfires raged.

The video appears to have been shot by a resident stuck in a line of cars on a highway as high winds impacted the region shortly before fires tore through and destroyed the town.

“Good luck,” the driver of a car stuck in a line of vehicles said as he filmed a police squad car passing him.

“Look at this. Holy shit. This is a nightmare,” the man noted, going on to add, “I don’t know where he’s going. Probably to block our street.”

“They’re going to bleep barbecue all these people down in Lahaina,” the man ominously predicted.

8888crybaby **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2023, 09:01:33 am »
Reposted from another thread. When answers seem to be not forthcoming or stonewalled, the rumors and theories come out.

Make of these what you will, but it is a very different spin on Maui events.

Conspiracy theory, or just a crime so outrageous that no one will believe it? (which was Obama's signature M.O.)

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/marines-arrest-67-maui-perpetrators/

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/marines-neutralize-fleeing-fema-convoy-in-maui/

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/military-arrests-fema-deputy-administrator-erick-hooks/

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/white-hats-to-maui/

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/maui-massacre/

https://realrawnews.com/2023/08/deep-state-take-down-maui/
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cajun Navy podcast take: https://wondery.com/shows/eye-on-veterans/episode/12814-is-enough-being-done-to-help-maui-cajun-navy-ground-force-updates-from-lahaina/

Yeah some of this seems to be just too far out there.
I doubt the USMC is waging war with FEMA in the hills, but if they were, how would that news get out (not ABCNNBCBS, for sure)? Without video, locations, etc., that sounds too farfetched, and even then I would have a hard time believing that there is open warfare between those units anywhere. 

I believe the Cajun Navy account, they've done a host of relief efforts, and seem reliable.

Anyone who claims there are mass graves in the hills should be ready to produce a GPS location...short of the video.
As coverups go, I could see mass graves in secret, because over a thousand partially recovered dead coupled with apparent incompetence would lead to some job losses, if not criminal charges.
In contrast, many different claims could be made about missing people, and they'd just stay missing (further complicating the insurance situation for survivors).

But the more that smells bad, the more inclination I have to believe something rotten was/is going on.

One more link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/online-videos-share-fabricated-story-about-fema-and-marines-on-maui/ar-AA1fMFUQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5bc086afb0c042419e103db49275d26b&ei=40 Which claims the reakrawnews links above are made up material ("fake news") Just for balance.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 09:14:19 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2023, 11:50:58 pm »
Exclusive: Maui Resident Says Police Chief’s Claim that Officers Knocked on Doors Is a ‘Total Lie’

A local resident who has led grassroots relief efforts in Maui told Breitbart News in a recent exclusive interview the Maui police chief’s claim that officers tried to evacuate people is a “total lie.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/28/exclusive-maui-resident-says-police-chiefs-claim-officers-knocked-doors-total-lie/
Support the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2023, 04:57:46 am »
by Adan Salazar

more

It's TikTok post like that which fueled wild conspiracies faster than the spread of the fire itself. A police car speeding past a traffic jam is presumed by the person filming to be racing ahead to keep people from leaving. And all the Tic-Tok followers just believe it's true.  Yet the person filming survived.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2023, 04:53:30 pm »
Maui Electric pushing back on fire responsibility accusations and bringing receipts

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/08/28/maui-electric-pushing-back-on-fire-responsibility-accusations-and-bringing-receipts-n574320

There have been some pretty damning videos of lines on the ground and fires in the area near them, but today Hawaiian Electric said, “That wasn’t us.” And dropped a bombshell about the power running through the lines.
According to the power company, they’d gotten to the scene of the 6:30 morning fire with firefighters, and gotten the power shut off right then. Linemen stayed in the area until the fire crews got the fire under control and declared it extinguished.

Later, HECO crews returned to repair the damaged poles from the morning, and, while in the middle of repairing and clearing that, they spotted another fire breaking out in a nearby field.

The company says electricity had never been turned back on.
Residents in the area are convinced it was the first fire which reignited, and then took off on a destructive, raging path towards Lahaina proper.
Whatever people believe was the cause of the second blaze at 3 pm, HECO says it has the receipts as far as shutting the juice down and leaving it off.

If HECO actually fights in court using facts instead of rolling over like PG&E does, this could get interesting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2023, 07:51:35 pm »
May have been posted already, if so, remove:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/mysterious-black-curtain-special-police-spotted-around-mauis/

Mysterious Black Curtain and “Special Police” Spotted Around Maui’s Ground Zero (Video)
By Anthony Scott
8/29/23

Volunteer reporter Geoff Cygnus who has been reporting exclusively on the aftermath of Maui after deadly fires razed the island, has released a new video that shows a massive black curtain that has been resurrected around Maui’s ground zero.

In a new video that was uploaded on both TikTok and Twitter, Cygnus recorded a video of a massive black curtain that stretches all along Lahaina in West Maui.

Cygnus shared in the video that he stopped his vehicle near the curtain to film but was immediately approached by members of the National Guard and was told to “keep moving.”

The volunteer reporter also reported seeing “Special Police” who are standing guard “ensuring that nothing can be documented.”

He also noted that around the perimeter of the black curtain “You can’t stop your car, you can’t pull over, you can’t fly a drone, you can’t take a picture, you can’t get in anywhere near any of this.”
Video here, quite interesting:
https://twitter.com/CygnusGeoff/status/1695603553195458833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1695603553195458833%7Ctwgr%5Eb281624a0367ec09f441d2c738a42076030f7579%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2023%2F08%2Fmysterious-black-curtain-special-police-spotted-around-mauis%2F

More at URL above...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2023, 10:16:00 pm »
Mr. M spent some time today with a friend of ours who is a retired official of the U.S. Forest Service (Ph.D. in forestry, tons of experience). He said the problem in Maui is that with the demise of agriculture on the island, including products like pineapples now grown cheaper in Costa Rica, the fields have been abandoned. In these formerly-cleared agricultural plots now grows an invasive type of grass that made choice fuel - just like kindling, he said - for a fortuitous wildfire.

EDIT to add: he also blamed local officials for not making water available, not permitting people to flee, etc. The problem wasn't only the flammable underbrush, just a part.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:48:10 pm by mountaineer »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2023, 10:40:13 pm »
Mr. M spent some time today with a friend of ours who is a retired official of the U.S. Forest Service (Ph.D. in forestry, tons of experience). He said the problem in Maui is that with the demise of agriculture on the island, including products like pineapples now grown cheaper in Costa Rica, the fields have been abandoned. In these formerly-cleared agricultural plots now grows an invasive type of grass that made choice fuel - just like kindling, he said - for a fortuitous wildfire.

Government around here requires a firebreak around dwellings. They'll send you a notice to mow it or thin it (take down ladder fuels in forest) or they will do it, and charge it to your taxes... Even city governments do this with vacant lots.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2023, 10:39:12 am »
It's TikTok post like that which fueled wild conspiracies faster than the spread of the fire itself. A police car speeding past a traffic jam is presumed by the person filming to be racing ahead to keep people from leaving. And all the Tic-Tok followers just believe it's true.  Yet the person filming survived.

Alex Jones was already successfully sued for libel once, I guess he hasn't learned his lesson?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2023, 02:02:39 pm »
James O'Keefe
@JamesOKeefeIII
Just got back from Maui.

Our crew, myself included, secretly recorded state and federal officials along the burn zone being honest.

Stay tuned Thursday PM for Part 1 of our *Undercover in #Lahaina* installment.

@GovHawaii fasten your seatbelt.

#OMG indeed…

3:06 AM · Sep 14, 2023

:pop41:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2023, 02:05:36 pm »
James O'Keefe
@JamesOKeefeIII
Just got back from Maui.

Our crew, myself included, secretly recorded state and federal officials along the burn zone being honest.

Stay tuned Thursday PM for Part 1 of our *Undercover in #Lahaina* installment.

@GovHawaii fasten your seatbelt.

#OMG indeed…

3:06 AM · Sep 14, 2023

:pop41:
Move over... :2popcorn:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2023, 03:56:08 pm »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

I'll fire up the popcorn popper....  it's gonna get crowded here.

O'Keefe is the Brietbart of his generation.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2023, 06:04:46 pm »
:2popcorn: :2popcorn:

I'll fire up the popcorn popper....  it's gonna get crowded here.

O'Keefe is the Brietbart of his generation.

Good idea.  I'm in, too.
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra