Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 15887 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2023, 02:31:42 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online American Girl

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2023, 03:20:19 pm »
Everything is burnt but the trees, but don’t point that out or ur a conspiracy theorist
As the article states the Maui fires were so bad a boat in the water caught on fire but the trees are fine!

https://defiantamerica.com/footage-taken-after-the-devastating-fires-in-maui-shows-that-everything-is-burnt-but-the-trees-and-theres-only-one-explanation-for-this-video/

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2023, 03:45:32 pm »
The trunks are standing, but it looks like the foliage is gone.

Some tree species are fire resistant.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2023, 03:46:40 pm »
The trunks are standing, but it looks like the foliage is gone.

Some tree species are fire resistant.

And some trees actually need fire to cause their seed pods to open so their seeds can start germinating.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2023, 04:34:06 pm »
Horrendous.   :crying:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2023, 08:45:48 pm »
So difficult to grasp. We were married just south of there in the Wailea / Mekena area.  8888crybaby

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2023, 09:21:27 pm »
Unbelievable and horrific.  Prayers up.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2023, 09:57:54 pm »
Merged threads

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2023, 02:01:27 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2023, 02:14:15 am »
Vacationing.  They're supposed to be getting a flight out tomorrow.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2023, 12:33:55 pm »
Death toll at 80

Online American Girl

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2023, 01:28:19 pm »
Elites aren’t finished yet! They want it all

These fires are being set on purpose
Another small town slated for destruction?
https://redstatenation.com/evacuation-ordered-videos-coming-out-of-luau-lahaina-and-kaanapali-confirm-that-new-fires-have-broke-out-in-hawaii/

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2023, 05:55:41 pm »
Historic Lahaina church miraculously untouched by Maui wildfires that killed 80

By Rich Calder   
August 12, 2023

Stunning video shows a historic Catholic church in Lahaina miraculously still standing and unscathed after devastating wildfires ripped through Maui — while the rest of the historic town was turned into an apocalyptical nightmare.

Maria Lanakila Catholic Church, which opened in 1846, was captured in a video, posted on TikTok, standing tall and untouched.

When the camera pans around, the rest of the town — the largest tourist destination on Maui — looks like a smoldering hellscape of rubble.

Viewers hailed the jaw-dropping miracle as an act of God.

“A def sign from God,” one TikTok user wrote, adding, “he is with you. hold on and keep that faith. we are all praying for you.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/historic-lahaina-church-stands-miraculously-untouched-by-maui-wildfires/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2023, 05:56:25 pm »
August 11, 2023
Maui had a firebug on the loose and a fancy warning system that didn't work: Hawaii governor blames global warming
By Monica Showalter

Hawaii had the world's fanciest natural disaster warning system on the planet. It also had an ongoing firebug problem, and recent academic study warning that the place was very vulnerable to fire catastrophes.

Somehow, none of that figured in the government's fire plan. The firebug is still out there. The conditions created for big fires, such as the proliferation of non-native grasses, remain on Maui. And the fancy emergency warning system somehow didn't work.

Never mind any of that: Its governor says the problem is global warming.

“We've never experienced a wildfire that affected a city like this before,” Hawaii Gov. Josh Green (D) told reporters Thursday, noting that global warming is exacerbating extreme weather around the world and will have to be considered as communities rebuild. “Climate change is here."

Which seems a little distant from his immediate duties as governor.

Here's the opening scenario for the catastrophe on Maui that took out Hawaii's lovely heritage town of Lahaina, destroyed 1,000 buildings, and killed scores of people, from the Associated Press:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/maui_had_a_firebug_on_the_loose_and_a_fancy_warning_system_that_didnt_work_hawaii_governor_blames_global_warming_for_the_disaster.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2023, 05:59:46 pm »
This story gives me goosebumps and reminds me of only seeing a couple of crosses standing in the area after Charley hit.

Definitely miraculous.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2023, 06:26:53 pm »
Is there actual evidence that the fire on Maui was arson? Or is Showalter posting speculation as if it were fact?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2023, 06:44:40 pm »
Dry abundant fuel in heavily populated area with 70+ mph winds is a recipe for a devastating fire storm. When something loose blows into a powerline it is all set into motion. The only practical solution is minimize the fuel supply. This is what California failed to do in another massive firestorm that destroyed over 10,000 homes. They blamed the power company so in turn the power company turns off the power when it is hot, dry and windy which is making California third world. Hot, dry and windy isn't uncommon in California, therefore the power goes out often.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 06:52:04 pm »
Dry abundant fuel in heavily populated area with 70+ mph winds is a recipe for a devastating fire storm. When something loose blows into a powerline it is all set into motion. The only practical solution is minimize the fuel supply. This is what California failed to do in another massive firestorm that destroyed over 10,000 homes. They blamed the power company so in turn the power company turns off the power when it is hot, dry and windy which is making California third world. Hot, dry and windy isn't uncommon in California, therefore the power goes out often.

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 07:23:54 pm »
How the hell are wildfires even possible on an island in the middle of the biggest body of water on Earth? Something isn't right here at all. We're being bamboozled.

Funny how social media is filling up with people all of a sudden telling people not to vacation in Hawaii now. As if this whole story was some ginned-up hoax they're trying to cover up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2023, 07:34:29 pm »
How the hell are wildfires even possible on an island in the middle of the biggest body of water on Earth? Something isn't right here at all. We're being bamboozled.

Funny how social media is filling up with people all of a sudden telling people not to vacation in Hawaii now. As if this whole story was some ginned-up hoax they're trying to cover up.

???? @jmyrlefuller Florida is a peninsula and has many inland lakes, canals, islands etc., and we still get wildfires.  So, I'm not in agreement with your statement.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 07:35:18 pm by libertybele »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 08:11:04 pm »
Merged threads

Online DB

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2023, 08:13:19 pm »

Check out the annual rainfall for that island.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2023, 08:41:09 pm »

It’s great for a vacation, but I would not want to live there.  The state is so poorly managed that I’m surprised it ever became a state to begin with.