Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 16510 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2023, 06:09:00 pm »
Parents find remains of teen son hugging dead dog in Maui home destroyed by wildfire
By Ronny Reyes   
August 24, 2023 1:01pm

Grieving parents found the body of their 14-year-old adopted son hugging his dead dog after the Maui wildfires — then carried him around half a mile to a police station to be confirmed among the dead.

Schoolboy Keyiro Fuentes had been home alone enjoying his last day of summer break when the deadliest US wildfires in a century started overwhelming his neighborhood in Lahaina, his mother, Luz Vargas, told CBS News.

The mom was working five miles away at the time — and unable to get home when she saw the smoke, despite begging cops to let her through their barriers.

When she and the rest of her family managed to search their home two days later, they found Keyiro’s charred body wrapped around his dead dog, the sobbing mom told CBS.

“He was not as I expected, in ashes,” she said of the body thought to have been preserved by the extreme heat.

“God maintained him like this. So, we knew it was him,” she said of her adopted son.

more
https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/08/NYPICHPDPICT000026701004.jpg?quality=75&strip=all
8888crybaby

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2023, 06:12:55 pm »
I really have to question the death toll numbers. They found everybody in the first Week when only about 25% had been searched? Doesn't pass the smell test.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2023, 06:21:06 pm »
8888crybaby

:yowsa: It's truly heartbreaking and I'm sure that isn't the only story like that. I hope the MFs responsible rot in hell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2023, 07:00:28 pm »
:yowsa: It's truly heartbreaking and I'm sure that isn't the only story like that. I hope the MFs responsible rot in hell!

You don't understand!  Inanimate water has "equity!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2023, 07:35:13 pm »
Parents find remains of teen son hugging dead dog in Maui home destroyed by wildfire
By Ronny Reyes   
August 24, 2023 1:01pm

Grieving parents found the body of their 14-year-old adopted son hugging his dead dog after the Maui wildfires — then carried him around half a mile to a police station to be confirmed among the dead.

Schoolboy Keyiro Fuentes had been home alone enjoying his last day of summer break when the deadliest US wildfires in a century started overwhelming his neighborhood in Lahaina, his mother, Luz Vargas, told CBS News.

The mom was working five miles away at the time — and unable to get home when she saw the smoke, despite begging cops to let her through their barriers.

When she and the rest of her family managed to search their home two days later, they found Keyiro’s charred body wrapped around his dead dog, the sobbing mom told CBS.

“He was not as I expected, in ashes,” she said of the body thought to have been preserved by the extreme heat.

“God maintained him like this. So, we knew it was him,” she said of her adopted son.

more
https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/08/NYPICHPDPICT000026701004.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

I saw another account of this story that said the mom tried to go home to get the boy out, but the police would not let her, saying that the area had already been cleared.  8888crybaby

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2023, 08:12:25 pm »
I saw another account of this story that said the mom tried to go home to get the boy out, but the police would not let her, saying that the area had already been cleared.  8888crybaby

I am in tears.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2023, 08:15:52 pm »
I am in tears.

The boy's last thoughts were protecting his good dawg from harm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2023, 12:36:39 am »

What in the hell are local government officials doing?  I thought they were supposed to be handling the search?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2023, 01:31:34 am »
What in the hell are local government officials doing?  I thought they were supposed to be handling the search?

@Hoodat

It's confusing to the casual follower because only 'early' photos showed that residences and or businesses shared common walls...and flammable roofs.

Later photos showed similar devastation but to single-family detached properties with driveways and yards...but noticing that EVERY rubber tire on the burned out vehicles were dissolved.

How does a fire get THAT hot, where humans are broiled alive before they even get a chance to run?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2023, 01:53:04 am »
@Hoodat

It's confusing to the casual follower because only 'early' photos showed that residences and or businesses shared common walls...and flammable roofs.

Later photos showed similar devastation but to single-family detached properties with driveways and yards...but noticing that EVERY rubber tire on the burned out vehicles were dissolved.

How does a fire get THAT hot, where humans are broiled alive before they even get a chance to run?
Think Firestorm. Dresden in miniature. It didn't need to be as big, the winds provided the blast furnace effect instead of sheer convection.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2023, 10:29:34 am »
Think Firestorm. Dresden in miniature. It didn't need to be as big, the winds provided the blast furnace effect instead of sheer convection.

Exactly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2023, 07:43:32 pm »
Maui County Sues Hawaiian Electric for Causing Wildfire Through Negligence

Maui County, the local government of the Hawaiian island that suffered a devastating wildfire earlier this month, sued the Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) on Thursday, alleging it caused the blaze though negligence.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/08/25/maui-county-sues-hawaiian-electric-for-causing-wildfire-through-negligence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2023, 07:45:31 pm »
Maui County Sues Hawaiian Electric for Causing Wildfire Through Negligence

Maui County, the local government of the Hawaiian island that suffered a devastating wildfire earlier this month, sued the Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) on Thursday, alleging it caused the blaze though negligence.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/08/25/maui-county-sues-hawaiian-electric-for-causing-wildfire-through-negligence/

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2023, 09:10:12 pm »
Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

I guess, like California, they don't want reliable power there. They'll just turn off the power when the wind blows...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2023, 09:12:57 pm »
I guess, like California, they don't want reliable power there. They'll just turn off the power when the wind blows...
It's that or trim the bloody trees away from the lines.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2023, 09:17:57 pm »

When the winds are 60+ MPH, loose vegetation and/or trash blows into them period. If there's any fuel nearby it goes up in flames. Under those conditions you have to keep ALL the fuel cut way back to be effective. This country's standard of living is devolving...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2023, 09:19:08 pm »
When the winds are 60+ MPH, loose vegetation and/or trash blows into them period. If there's any fuel nearby it goes up in flames. Under those conditions you have to keep ALL the fuel cut way back to be effective. This country's standard of living is devolving...
If the trees were leaning on them to start, it takes a lot less to get the barbecue going.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2023, 09:20:13 pm »

Heard that the poles themselves are so rotted by termites, that a 60mph sustained wind would snap them all.

The poles caught fire and carried embers beyond.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2023, 09:36:46 pm »
If the trees were leaning on them to start, it takes a lot less to get the barbecue going.

Absolutely.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2023, 02:09:15 pm »
Over 100 individuals reported missing in Maui confirmed alive, FBI says
The FBI remains committed to its missing persons search as hundreds remain unaccounted for
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi Fox News
Published August 26, 2023 8:23am EDT

Dozens of individuals reported missing in the aftermath of Maui's devastating wildfire have been reported to be safe.

The FBI announced Friday that over a hundred individuals in Hawaii included just hours earlier on their list of missing persons were confirmed alive by themselves or loved ones.

"I don't want to lose sight of the fact that we still have hundreds of other names where we still need more information," FBI special agent Steven Merrill told the press Friday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/100-individuals-reported-missing-maui-confirmed-alive-fbi
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2023, 03:59:02 pm »
The FBI remains committed to its missing persons search as hundreds remain unaccounted for

In other words, the FBI jumped on board for a government-paid trip to Hawaii in $1,000 per night resorts.  Don't remember the FBI setting up camp in Plaquemine Parish, Louisiana searching for missing persons after Katrina.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2023, 04:30:36 pm »
In other words, the FBI jumped on board for a government-paid trip to Hawaii in $1,000 per night resorts.  Don't remember the FBI setting up camp in Plaquemine Parish, Louisiana searching for missing persons after Katrina.

In my role and job years ago,  I had emergency managment duties, and I will go on full record saying that the inability of the state and feds to establish a final head count within 12 days, is massively massively past any level of incompetence.   I can guarantee that there is a final dead and missing and presumed dead tally in place, and it is being withheld.

Something smells on this matter, and with a brain dead MSM having  no interest to embarass their dim masters, so we may never find out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 04:41:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2023, 04:36:49 pm »
"I'm with the government, and I am here to help"

Yeah! Right!  *****rollingeyes*****
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2023, 04:49:33 pm »
Bears repeating that the root cause of this disaster was the blue state's obsession with building green energy infrastructure, and shifting to its capitalization instead of maintaing existing equipment.

This is a tightly held secret by the enviro-whackos, but if the truth is told, these enviro-whackos are complicit in murder of those poor victims in Lahaina.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2023, 04:51:46 pm »
Bears repeating that the root cause of this disaster was the blue state's obsession with building green energy infrastructure, and shifting to its capitalization instead of maintaing existing equipment.

This is a tightly held secret by the enviro-whackos, but if the truth is told, these enviro-whackos are complicit in murder of those poor victims in Lahaina.

Same thing in California.