Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 16527 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2023, 07:27:37 pm »
Is it odd that the death toll has been stuck on 114 for several days?  Hawaii.gov must hate its residents to keep them in the dark like this.
I read somewhere it is actually well over 400, with some 800 still unaccounted for.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2023, 07:28:42 pm »
They aren't even trying to live up to the old Reagan quote of 'We are the Govt and we're here to help'.
Yeah, the people so generously given a $700 check couldn't even stay one night with that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2023, 08:05:52 pm »
Yeah, the people so generously given a $700 check couldn't even stay one night with that.
They can't afford the $1,000 per night hotels in which a 1,000 or so FEMA bureaucrats are staying, that's for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2023, 08:08:35 pm »
They can't afford the $1,000 per night hotels in which a 1,000 or so FEMA bureaucrats are staying, that's for sure.

Yet flippin' ILLEGALS are being given hotel rooms, food and medical for free in NY and I'm sure in other cities as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2023, 11:37:28 pm »
FEMA busy at work.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2023, 01:43:17 am »
FEMA busy at work
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2023, 01:39:26 pm »
FEMA: ‘We Still Expect Several More Days’ to Finish Maui Search

Ian Hanchett 22 Aug 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell stated that the search of Maui’s burn zone is 87% finished, but it will take “several more days” for the search to be completed.

Criswell said, “I had an opportunity to get a full brief from our urban search and rescue teams that are on the ground in Maui. And while we’re 87% complete, where we find ourselves today is in an area that now requires some heavy equipment to go through the last bit of structures that have been burned to go in there and make sure that we are doing a thorough job in accounting for everybody that may have been perished in this fire. And so, we still expect several more days for these teams to continue to go through this area. But, again, we’re doing it very deliberately to make sure that we cover every square inch.”

She continued, “As we continue to work with the community and with the local officials, we already have everybody out of non-congregate sheltering. They’re all in either a hotel room or maybe an Airbnb or staying with family and friends. And we have a joint housing task force here on the island that’s made up of the state, supported with our federal partners and the American Red Cross, to talk through what these long-term solutions are going to be as people start to make decisions about what their next steps will be.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/22/fema-we-still-expect-several-more-days-to-finish-maui-search/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2023, 02:15:20 pm »
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Hawaii is so insular and corrupt, this screams coverup.  It's an island.  Where did 1,100 people go?  Why were the police blocking the north exit when it was obvious the power lines were dead, and the entire line of traffic was going to incinerate?  Why was there inadequate water pressure, and no fire mitigation plan after the 2018 blaze nearly burned everything down?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2023, 02:59:19 pm »
Number of missing people after Maui wildfires increase to 1,110 as FBI plans to release list of names this week

The Hawaiian island of Maui has increased the number of missing people from the Lahaina firestorm to 1,100
    The increase from 850 comes two weeks after deadly wildfires ravaged the island
    Maui police chief John Pelletier said authorities were refining the data and were hoping to publish a verified list of missing persons 'in the next few days'

By Stephen M. Lepore For Dailymail.Com

Updated: 07:25 EDT, 23 August 2023

The number of missing people in Maui has increased by 250 to 1,100 two weeks after deadly fires ravaged the island and left more than 115 people dead.

The fires were the deadliest to hit the United States in a century and search and rescue efforts have been slow.

Few of the dead have been publicly identified and crews have scoured the destruction to locate the missing. There is fear that as missing people are found, it will cause the death toll to rise further.

The tourist town of Lahaina, home to 12,000 people, was all but wiped off the map, with thousands of missing persons appearing on lists maintained by various organizations, including the police, Red Cross and shelters.

As of Tuesday, the FBI had counted 1,100 missing persons and is now working to collate and verify the data with a list to be released later this week, Special Agent Steven Merrill told reporters on Tuesday.

'We're cross-referencing all the lists so that we can determine who, in fact, truly is still unaccounted for,' Merrill said.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12435531/Maui-INCREASES-number-missing-people-1-100-following-Lahaina-firestorm-850-says-FBI-release-list-unaccounted-week.html?ico=authors_pagination_desktop
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2023, 03:03:56 pm »
FEMA will get on it right after Happy Hour at their luxury hotels.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2023, 03:05:13 pm »
Root Cause?:

Another of many upcoming disasters where Maintenance and upkeep of Energy grid and lost out to the Climate Change Enviro- Whacko's- Agenda.  The same will be happening in the impending EV debacle.

These deaths are on those sons of bitches. I promise.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 03:06:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2023, 03:07:44 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2023, 03:08:57 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2023, 08:29:23 pm »
According to a report by AP, the only road out of Lahaina was barricaded. Only those who disobeyed survived.
Associated Press
In deadly Maui fires, many had no warning and no way out. Those who dodged barricades survived
By REBECCA BOONE, HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH, CLAUDIA LAUER and CHRISTOPHER L. KELLER
Updated 1:12 AM EDT, August 23, 2023

As flames tore through a West Maui neighborhood, car after car of fleeing residents headed for the only paved road out of town in a desperate race for safety.

And car after car was turned back toward the rapidly spreading wildfire by a barricade blocking access to Highway 30.

One family swerved around the barricade and was safe in a nearby town 48 minutes later, another drove their 4-wheel-drive car down a dirt road to escape. One man took an dirt road uphill, climbing above the fire and watching as Lahaina burned. He later picked his way through the flames, smoke and rubble to pull survivors to safety. ...

The lesson, as noted by Robby Starbuck on Twitter: Disobey orders you know to be corrupt, evil or stupid.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2023, 08:32:31 pm »
WTH??
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2023, 10:38:51 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2023, 10:39:17 pm »
Dim sponsored and executed
It's what they do.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2023, 02:58:50 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2023, 03:00:55 pm »
Land Grab.

Both! The first (murder) to facilitate the latter (land grab).

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2023, 03:07:55 pm »
Both! The first (murder) to facilitate the latter (land grab).

He'll put up the Josh Green Thruway on the Island to access the new beachfront condo's and unaffordable housing.  What'll that bleep think of next?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2023, 03:41:05 pm »
Land Grab.

Bingo.

Urban Renewal Dimmycratic style.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2023, 06:01:15 pm »
 Parents find remains of teen son hugging dead dog in Maui home destroyed by wildfire
By Ronny Reyes   
August 24, 2023 1:01pm

Grieving parents found the body of their 14-year-old adopted son hugging his dead dog after the Maui wildfires — then carried him around half a mile to a police station to be confirmed among the dead.

Schoolboy Keyiro Fuentes had been home alone enjoying his last day of summer break when the deadliest US wildfires in a century started overwhelming his neighborhood in Lahaina, his mother, Luz Vargas, told CBS News.

The mom was working five miles away at the time — and unable to get home when she saw the smoke, despite begging cops to let her through their barriers.

When she and the rest of her family managed to search their home two days later, they found Keyiro’s charred body wrapped around his dead dog, the sobbing mom told CBS.

“He was not as I expected, in ashes,” she said of the body thought to have been preserved by the extreme heat.

“God maintained him like this. So, we knew it was him,” she said of her adopted son.

more
https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/08/NYPICHPDPICT000026701004.jpg?quality=75&strip=all
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 07:06:51 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO