Author Topic: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations  (Read 16392 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Wildfires burning across Maui prompt evacuations
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2023, 06:50:35 pm »
I have to wonder if it moved quite so fast in the residential area.  It started a mile up Lahainaluna Rd that morning, then restarted mid afternoon.  Front street was in flames by mid evening.  In any event they could have evacuated when the morning fire started.

A man-in-the-street interviewed on FNC said the fire went from the Mountain (hill) down into the city in 30 minutes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2023, 07:55:25 pm »
johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

If 100 Ukrainians were killed by a Russian drone strike, there’d be an emergency presser & Anthony Blinken would be on the next flight to Europe with a check

Hawaii currently looks like Fukushima & Biden can’t even cut his beach trip short

Justin Sink
@justinsink
·20h

After a couple hours on the Rehoboth beach, @potus was asked about the rising death toll in Hawaii

“No comment,” he said before heading home

9:58 PM · Aug 13, 2023

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2023, 01:29:05 pm »
Death toll at 99 with only 25% of the burn area searched.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2023, 02:34:27 pm »
Will Cain, of FOX, tweets:

Will Cain
@willcain
I’m in West Maui. Service is rough. Hard to post. But we’re putting together stories of incredible citizens stepping up where the government has failed. And at Napili Plaza someone from the Mayor Richard Bissen’s office tries to shut me down saying West Maui is a media free zone. No sir, this is America.
10:18 PM · Aug 14, 2023

Will Cain
@willcain
Right now I am nowhere near search and rescue. I’m twelve miles from Lahaina. How is the entire West Side a media free zone? Is it no longer America? Constitution has been suspended?
10:18 PM · Aug 14, 2023

Will Cain
@willcain
We believe we are the only national media in West Maui. I haven’t see any other crews. And they tried to censor us and shut us down. “West Maui is a media free zone.”  We only got through the checkpoints because I’m a property owner in West Maui. They have this place on info lockdown from Waihee to Maalaea.
9:32 AM · Aug 15, 2023

To be clear, there have been MANY amazing citizen journalists and local news like @MauiNOW is great.  But when you attempt to control information you sow the seed of conspiracy theory. You know a resource that’s missing in Maui: information.
9:41 AM · Aug 15, 2023

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:41:14 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2023, 03:05:42 pm »
This is bigger than Pearl Harbor

No one ever said about a Dem Run State heading up a disaster.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2023, 03:09:16 pm »
Death toll at 99 with only 25% of the burn area searched.

I wonder how many perished after jumping in the ocean to escape the flames.  Bodies should begin washing up on shore.  Many bodies will not because they were swept to sea in the Hurricane force winds.

It appears likely there will be hundreds unaccounted for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2023, 04:26:18 pm »
I wonder how many perished after jumping in the ocean to escape the flames.  Bodies should begin washing up on shore.  Many bodies will not because they were swept to sea in the Hurricane force winds.

It appears likely there will be hundreds unaccounted for.

Does the water get deep quickly there? From the news footage I don't recall seeing beaches in that area where people were jumping in. Also, the wind was blowing the fire towards the sea so those who jumped in were also being blown away from shore. Surface water was also likely moving away from shore with the wind.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2023, 04:30:52 pm »
Does the water get deep quickly there? From the news footage I don't recall seeing beaches in that area where people were jumping in. Also, the wind was blowing the fire towards the sea so those who jumped in were also being blown away from shore. Surface water was also likely moving away from shore with the wind.

That is what I think, too. 
I will NOT comply.

Online American Girl

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2023, 04:51:54 pm »
Crisis Actor
What are the odds?
No, seriously.  What are they?

If this guy ever becomes police chief in your town it’s time to move. Everywhere he goes there’s a mass casualty incident. He’s had numerous complaints filed against him in Maui and has a clearance with the FBI which we all know is a weaponized agency riddled with corruption.
https://defiantamerica.com/coincidence-maui-police-chief-john-pelletier-also-served-as-incident-commander-during-deadliest-mass-shooting-in-modern-u-s-history-video/

Offline Mod2

« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2023, 05:52:20 pm »
Threads merged

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2023, 01:08:35 am »
Front Street had a number of Jewelers. Extremely expensive stones in the windows that my wife and mother-in-law would stand and drool over.    Wonder if these properties are being protected from looters.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2023, 01:32:36 am »

Being blown off shore explains why some were in the water for hours.   Add to that it was at night.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2023, 01:45:11 am »
I watched Magnum PI so I am an expert on those waters.  If you stay close to shore you won't get taken to the open sea by the Kiholo express,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2023, 01:47:38 am »
I watched Magnum PI so I am an expert on those waters.  If you stay close to shore you won't get taken to the open sea by the Kiholo express,

This definitely seems reliable.  I'd go with it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2023, 01:03:38 pm »
Hawaii Wildfire Death Toll Hits 100+ as Biden Flags a Visit ‘Soon’

The human toll in the cataclysmic wildfire that destroyed a Hawaiian town reached 106 on Tuesday as President Joe Biden said he will travel to the devastated area “soon” while offering “thoughts and prayers” alongside assistance for survivors.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/08/16/hawaii-wildfire-death-toll-hits-100-as-biden-flags-a-visit-soon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2023, 01:12:37 pm »
CNN’s Weir: ‘We Haven’t Seen’ Promised Relief Efforts in Hawaii, ‘We’ve Got Guys Putting out Fires with Bottled Water’

Ian Hanchett 15 Aug 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” CNN Chief Climate Correspondent Bill Weir reported from Kula, Hawaii and said that despite talk that “the cavalry’s coming,” “we’ve got guys putting out fires with bottled water and volunteers in helicopters, in this neighborhood, at least at the moment,” and that over the weekend, he “didn’t see a single person in uniform” other than cops working checkpoints, and he hasn’t seen the relief efforts from the military where he is.

Weir said, “Well, this is really fascinating, Anderson, a dramatic scene just played out here. We’re in the Kula neighborhood, this is miles away from Lahaina, which you know is on the — right on the beach town. This is up country as they call it here, up in the mountains where several hundred homes have burned. But we just witnessed, you see these bottle of — bottled water drop-offs people are having here. We just witnessed a couple of — three guys from Oahu who had flown over here as volunteers who were taking that water and hiking through the brush and putting out actually active hot spots over there that are flaring up right now. These are — this fire is only 60% contained and there are these little leftover fires from last week up in these canyons. Just as they were fighting a fire with bottled water, basically, a private helicopter came, saw them, and dropped a big bucket of water right on that hot spot. So, this is the response. I know we’re talking — we were hearing that, a week into this, the cavalry’s coming, but we’ve got guys putting out fires with bottled water and volunteers in helicopters, in this neighborhood, at least at the moment, Anderson.”

Host Anderson Cooper then asked, “So, are you seeing federal aid? Are you seeing — I mean, FEMA, are they on the ground? How many military personnel are on the ground? What sort of — what kind of an organized response have you seen?”

Weir answered, “Well, I’ve got to tell you — and we’ve both covered a lot of these things — I spent all weekend with just citizen first responders setting up these relief pods in neighborhoods, and didn’t see a single person in uniform. The only Maui County officials we saw were the cops working the checkpoints, as well, and here we are, I was expecting to see some Humvees, maybe some helicopters today, still haven’t. Now, that doesn’t mean they’re not out there. The Pentagon says today there are six new missions launching from the Army command here in the Pacific, all kinds of relief efforts that they’ve got Coast Guard and military personnel fighting fires, but honestly, we haven’t seen it. The locals here are shocked that they’re putting out fires in their backyards while they’re cutting down burned trees and are surprised that the road is still open the way it is.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/15/cnns-weir-we-havent-seen-promised-relief-efforts-in-hawaii-weve-got-guys-putting-out-fires-with-bottled-water/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 01:24:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2023, 01:23:02 pm »
No relief efforts?  No one in uniform???  That's on the governor of Hawaii.  Unfortunately, FEMA is becoming a joke.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2023, 01:23:15 pm »
Per Fox..Biden will *visit* Monday...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2023, 01:24:49 pm »
No relief efforts?  No one in uniform???  That's on the governor of Hawaii.  Unfortunately, FEMA is becoming a joke.

The Gov should call out the Nat'l Guard.....this is unbelievable!
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2023, 02:23:23 pm »
Per Fox..Biden will *visit* Monday...
Despite his promise to East Palestine, Ohio, he still hasn't visited there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2023, 02:30:23 pm »
Despite his promise to East Palestine, Ohio, he still hasn't visited there.

Well he flew over it yesterday... :shrug:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2023, 02:40:06 pm »
Water rights...Maui is an island can't they use sea water to put out fires?

August 16, 2023
Report: State official refused to release water to fight Lahaina fire until too late
By Thomas Lifson

The website Civil Beat covers Hawaiian politics, and is funded by lefty billionaire Pierre Omidyar, so keep that in mind as you read this explosive allegation from writer Stewart Yerton:

With wildfires ravaging West Maui on Aug. 8, a state water official delayed the release of water that landowners wanted to help protect their property from fires. The water standoff played out over much of the day and the water didn’t come until too late.

The dispute involved the Department of Land and Natural Resources’ water resource management division and West Maui Land Co., which manages agricultural and residential subdivisions in West Maui as well as Launiupoko Irrigation Co., Launiupoko Water Co., Olowalu Water Co. and Ha’iku Town Water Association.

DLNR delayed releasing water requested by West Maui Land Co. to help prevent the spread of fire, sources familiar with the situation said.

Specifically, according to accounts of four people with knowledge of the situation, M. Kaleo Manuel, a Native Hawaiian cultural practitioner and DLNR’s deputy director for water resource management, initially balked at West Maui Land Co.’s requests for additional water to help prevent the fire from spreading to properties managed by the company.

According to the sources, Manuel wanted West Maui Land to get permission from a taro, or kalo, farm located downstream from the company’s property. Manuel eventually released water but not until after the fire had spread. It was not clear on Monday how much damage the fire did in the interim or whether homes were damaged.

Democrat Governor John Green promises an investigation in this and other issues with the official response, and noted:

…the governor said conflicts over water are being reshaped in an age of climate change and wildfires. Now the conflict includes opponents who do not want water to be used to fight fires, the governor said.

“One thing that people need to understand especially those from far away is that there’s been a great deal of water conflict on Maui for many years,” Green said. “It’s important that we’re honest about this. People have been fighting against the release of water to fight fires. I’ll leave that to you to explore.”

Two state senators from Maui submitted a bill in 2022 “to push DLNR to allow fresh water to be used to fight fires and pointed to West Maui as being particularly vulnerable.”

The bill died without a hearing.

In Hawaii, the underlying issue is Native Hawaiians’ discontent with the takeover of their homeland by outsiders, and this extends to issues of land ownership and water rights, as well as many other facets of life.

To the same or even greater extent than California, Hawaii is a one-party state run by Democrats. Its governmental units are not known for their competence or efficiency.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/report_state_official_refused_to_release_water_to_fight_lahaina_fire_until_too_late.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2023, 05:33:39 pm »
Only five of the 106 dead in Maui have been identified because the remains are unrecognizable, Hawaii’s governor says
Story by By Nouran Salahieh, CNN •

Identifying those killed in the Maui wildfires will be very difficult and likely take weeks, Hawaii’s governor said Tuesday as the death toll climbed to 106 and families desperately waiting to hear about lost loved ones were asked to provide DNA samples.

A genetics team will help identify victims, Hawaii Gov. Josh Green told CNN, as around 185 search and rescue workers and 20 cadaver dogs continued to comb through the ashes of homes and businesses incinerated by the deadliest US wildfire in more than a century.

“This is much like you see in a war zone or what we saw with 9/11,” Green said on “The Source with Kaitlan Collins.”

Identification is challenging because remains are largely unrecognizable and fingerprints are rarely being found, Green said. Investigators need to develop DNA profiles from the remains and hopefully find matches, including from any DNA provided by relatives of the missing, officials have said.

“We’re asking all of our loved friends and family in the area who have any concern to go get swabbed at the family support center so that we can match people genetically,” the governor said.

more w/ must watch video
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/only-five-of-the-106-dead-in-maui-have-been-identified-because-the-remains-are-unrecognizable-hawaii-s-governor-says/ar-AA1fkxAU
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 05:37:59 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO