Author Topic: How Can Mail-In Voting Be ‘Secure’ When Postal Theft Is Rampant?  (Read 303 times)

Offline Kamaji

How Can Mail-In Voting Be ‘Secure’ When Postal Theft Is Rampant?

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
AUGUST 07, 2023

Democrats’ deceptive talking point that universal mail-in voting is completely “safe” and “secure” is collapsing as postal theft becomes rampant throughout the country.

Within the last week alone, CBS News Chicago released several articles detailing a series of incidents involving mail theft and crime throughout the Windy City. On July 31, for instance, the outlet reported blue drop-off mailboxes in Frankfort and Orland Park “were cut open by thieves,” with local law enforcement advising residents to “monitor their financial accounts or credit profiles for fraudulent activity.”

On the same day, CBS News Chicago revealed it obtained data from the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) purportedly showing that the agency “hadn’t been keeping track of arrow key thefts until 2021” and “hadn’t made a single arrest for an arrow-key-related theft between 2020 and March 2023.” For context, arrow keys are used to open blue drop-off boxes and larger mailboxes found in apartment complexes or condos. An official with the U.S. Postal Inspectors, USPS’s law enforcement arm, claimed he felt such information “might not be 100 percent correct.”

CBS News Chicago also released two additional articles in the following days detailing other mail-related crimes in the city.

But Chicago is hardly the exception. In fact, the city is a microcosm of the rampant mail theft increasing throughout the nation.

In May, USPS announced it was enacting a series of countermeasures designed to crack down on what they described as “rising mail theft, robberies of carriers, change-of-address fraud and counterfeit postage.” According to Reuters, these policies included installing 12,000 “high-security blue collection boxes” throughout the country in order to “make access more difficult for criminals” and replacing 49,000 “antiquated arrow locks with electronic locks” to stop mail theft.

But how could this be? The American public has been assured time and again by Democrats and their legacy media allies that there are no risks to voting by mail and that the practice is totally secure. Sure, there are numerous examples of mail-in voting gone wrong, but those are irrelevant, right?

The reality is that Democrats care about secure elections about as much as they do the well-being of the American people. Widespread, unsupervised mail-in voting is merely a tool that allows leftist activists to harvest low-effort votes. Along with the use of well-funded, left-wing nonprofits, the Democrat Party election machine is able to run highly partisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote campaigns that accrue them an advantage over Republicans ahead of Election Day.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/07/how-can-mail-in-voting-be-secure-when-postal-theft-is-rampant/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: How Can Mail-In Voting Be ‘Secure’ When Postal Theft Is Rampant?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:34:54 pm »
Mail-in Voting cannot be secure, at least using traditional 1st Class Mail.

In previous elections, the US Post Office failed to collect Mail-In Absentee ballots from some mailboxes.  There were lawsuits over whether they should be counted; whether the "submit by" date should be the post mark date or the arrival date; it can be a $h!tsh0w.

Individual ballot envelopes would need to USPS tracking numbers and state laws would require strict, sepcific date submission requirements - so everybody knows the ground rules ahead of time.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 01:44:38 pm »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 12:24:42 am »
"Mail in" ballots are an "above-ground" part of The Party's "underground election apparatus" -- designed to operate in "plain sight", but inherently a vector for cheating and manipulation.

All mail-in balloting should be banned, everywhere, by the Constitution.

No, I DO NOT think it was a good idea for The Founders to leave the basic rules of elections "to the states".

Rather, it was an egregious oversight by The Founders and a Constitutional deficiency that has led us to where we are today.

However, I don't see it being addressed and fixed in the current Constitution.
It's going to take a serious re-write, or an entirely new document.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 12:27:48 am »
No mail-in voting. No early voting.  Voting should take place on election day only!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 10:46:48 am »
No mail-in voting. No early voting.  Voting should take place on election day only!

There should be some exceptions. But few

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023, 10:47:23 am »

:thumbsup: