Author Topic: Andy Ngo v. Antifa: The Jury Has Reached a Verdict and It's Causing an Uproar  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Conservatives and moderates need to leave those areas rules by progressives.  That's really the only answer at this point.

The federal government sends these areas a lot of money, next time we're in power (and if we ever regain power) maybe we need to revisit some of the stipulations (or just stop sending altogether).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The federal government sends these areas a lot of money, next time we're in power (and if we ever regain power) maybe we need to revisit some of the stipulations (or just stop sending altogether).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scared Jurors, Intimidation: Reporter Andy Ngo's Case Against Antifa Shows How Desperately Lost Portland Is
Victoria Taft

Journalist Andy Ngo was chased, beaten, and chased again when he burst into a downtown Portland, Ore., hotel in May 2021 to get away from his black-bloc-clad Antifa attackers. “They’re trying to kill me,” he told the understandably frightened hotel workers. It wasn’t the first time he’d been attacked by the notorious Portland terrorist gang. If Portland’s criminal justice system wouldn’t stop these guys, Ngo figured, he’d sue them for $1 million.

On Tuesday, a Portland jury decided that two key alleged Antifa conspirators whose cases went to trial were not civilly liable for Ngo’s injuries, both physical and otherwise. The trial was marred by intimidation tactics — not just from the attackers but from their attorney who declared to the unidentified jury members, “I am Antifa” and “I will remember each one of your faces.” We’re talking Godfather stuff here.

Before you dismiss this as “Hey, you signed up for this, Portland, you voted in these knuckleheads who gave Antifa a wide berth,” let’s consider what this case means.

I sat in a Multnomah County courtroom in the trial of another journalist who was beaten by Antifa members and who pulled a pistol to fend off a second attack in 2016. Not a shot was fired, the second attack was thwarted, and instead of prosecuting his attackers, woke politicians went after Mike Strickland for showing his gun. He went to jail. His attackers were never pursued. In fact, they were never identified in court or by any of the undercover cops that had infiltrated the protest crowd that day.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/08/09/scared-jurors-intimidation-reporter-andy-ngos-case-against-antifa-shows-how-desperately-lost-portland-is-n1717494
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Couldn't Rico statutes apply? This is like mafia tactics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Couldn't Rico statutes apply? This is like mafia tactics.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

They WOULD,if you could get a few prominent politicians to file the charges,but that doesn't seem likely to happen,does it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ngo's a young hero and a patriot.  Conservatives need to rise to his defense in full force.

How many who are his age rise to risk so much?  Honestly?  Antifa needs to be destroyed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:03:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Ngo's a young hero and a patriot.  Conservatives need to rise to his defense in full force.

How many who are his age rise to risk so much?

:thumbsup:

Offline DB

Conservatives and moderates need to leave those areas rules by progressives.  That's really the only answer at this point.

I agree. Let the progressives enjoy the full force of their convictions unabated.

You also need to get out while your property is still worth something.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

How many who are his age rise to risk so much?  Honestly?  Antifa needs to be destroyed.

I wouldn't go that far, he makes a living showing the left's worse, but he makes sure you know he is a proud gay person and doesn't really identify with being a conservative (as far as I can tell).

This judge that taints her jury needs to have XZ&*$**PK!&  (readacted due to not wanting to get put on another list). When there is no longer fair judges, conservatives should take to the streets.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I wouldn't go that far, he makes a living showing the left's worse, but he makes sure you know he is a proud gay person and doesn't really identify with being a conservative (as far as I can tell).

This judge that taints her jury needs to have XZ&*$**PK!&  (readacted due to not wanting to get put on another list). When there is no longer fair judges, conservatives should take to the streets.

Anyone who tries to destroy Antifa and BLM is a hero, no matter how faggy they are. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Any predictions on how long it’ll take for ANTIFA to become a protected class?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I said this before, and I'll repeat before every member of this forum:

During the rise of antifa back in 2020, President Trump should have "sent in the troops". Full-time military if he received no cooperation for the state National Guard units (and he wouldn't have).

This should have been done regardless of whether or not the governors of Oregon (and Washington with that "chaz" insurrection in Seattle) agreed. They should have been told, quite simply, to stand aside and they wouldn't be arrested.

And the soldiers should have gone in. If fired upon or attacked, they should have responded with "full force necessary" to regain order.

And once again I'll assert that if Mr. Trump had done this, he'd still be president today.

What have the past three years taught you?
(my tune remains the same)

Offline Smokin Joe

Any predictions on how long it’ll take for ANTIFA to become a protected class?
After the riots they participated with with BLM, is there any doubt that they are?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I said this before, and I'll repeat before every member of this forum:

During the rise of antifa back in 2020, President Trump should have "sent in the troops". Full-time military if he received no cooperation for the state National Guard units (and he wouldn't have).

This should have been done regardless of whether or not the governors of Oregon (and Washington with that "chaz" insurrection in Seattle) agreed. They should have been told, quite simply, to stand aside and they wouldn't be arrested.

And the soldiers should have gone in. If fired upon or attacked, they should have responded with "full force necessary" to regain order.

And once again I'll assert that if Mr. Trump had done this, he'd still be president today.

What have the past three years taught you?
(my tune remains the same)

I had that same thought.

First off, that disgusting endless nationwide riots was OUTRAGEOUS.  THAT was “INSURRECTION”.  The nerve of these commie bastards to call the weeny 4-hr tourist visit on Jan 6 an “insurrection”, etc.

That true insurrection should’ve been put down.  Yes, the NG preferably, but if govs wouldn’t do anything after even a week the president had every reason to send in some kind of troops.

Of course, I also think long ago “sanctuary city” mayors, etc, should’ve been arrested as defying fed law.

I think lots of people like me were disgusted by these outrageous acts, on the tail of the COVID hysteria that they violated but probably drove much of the discontent, and many were embittered that Trump did nothing about it.

Don’t tell me he couldn’t have done something.  That kind of widespread rioting for months and months, complete with commandeering land (CHOP), fully deserved federal attention.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline mountaineer

Considering antifa was targeting federal buildings, especially the courthouse in PDX, yeah - it was a federal issue and the president should have responded.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

The short of it: Many people were having their constitutional rights violently violated with no corrective action and in many cases supportive action by some of the city mayors and state governors. That gives the green light to the federal government to act to protect people's basic constitutional rights and hold the people that encouraged those violations accountable.

Trump did nothing other than bitch.

Offline mountaineer

Aug 13, 2023
MUST READ: Full transcript of lawyer saying 'I AM ANTIFA' and vowing to remember jurors' faces during Andy Ngo trial
"Resistance in this country has never been peaceful."
Katie Daviscourt
The Post Millennial
The Post Millennial has obtained the full-transcipt of the defense lawyer's closing statements in investigative journalist Andy Ngo's jury trial against Rose City Antifa and its affiliated members, which confirms our prior reporting that the attorney had declared to the jurors "I am Antifa" and vowed to "remember their faces."

Defense attorney Michelle Burrows, who argued on behalf of alleged Antifa defendants John Colin Hacker and Elizabeth Renee Richter, made the comments to the jurors on Tuesday after the jury had informed Judge Sinaplasai that they were afraid of being doxxed, and had reported that people were allegedly trying to find out their identities. ...

The following are excerpts from the full transcript of defense attorney Michelle Burrows' closing statement, in which Burrows declared "I am Antifa," said she will remember the jurors' faces, and claimed resitance has never been peaceful.  Defense closing statement in Andy Ngo v. Rose City Antifa, John Hacker, and Elizabeth Richter ...

The defense attorney told the jury that Antifa militants had so strongly disagreed with senior editor of Post Millennial Andy Ngo that they were "willing to beat him."

"Any of you who are students of the Revolutionary War and leading up to the Civil War with the abolitionists know that violence permeated all of those. Does that mean that we're a violent people? Or does it mean when things get so bad, when conflict becomes inevitable, that we resort to our baser selves. Because that's what we saw happen to Mr. Ngo. We saw people who so strongly disagreed with this gentleman, that they were willing to beat him," Burrows claimed. "Not just beat him, but chase him through downtown Portland, tackle him, hit him. ..." ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

Anyone who tries to destroy Antifa and BLM is a hero, no matter how faggy they are.

Quite.  We need to welcome a lot of folks to the Right -- there are plenty of folks who think of themselves as "Left-leaning" or "Liberal", but who see that the "Woke", the idiot children of the Frankfurt School, who now constitute the normative Left are leading the country to destruction and who oppose the cozy relationship between the Democrats, the security state, the media and the tech companies.  While they may not be conservatives, in as much as the "Right" has never actually had a definition more coherent that those who oppose the normative Left of the day, they are now really part of the Right and we should welcome them and work with them to save the country (and Western Civilization -- if you're paying attention, it's not just here, the same rot is going on throughout the Anglosphere and in Western Europe).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

Quite.  We need to welcome a lot of folks to the Right -- there are plenty of folks who think of themselves as "Left-leaning" or "Liberal", but who see that the "Woke", the idiot children of the Frankfurt School, who now constitute the normative Left are leading the country to destruction and who oppose the cozy relationship between the Democrats, the security state, the media and the tech companies.  While they may not be conservatives, in as much as the "Right" has never actually had a definition more coherent that those who oppose the normative Left of the day, they are now really part of the Right and we should welcome them and work with them to save the country (and Western Civilization -- if you're paying attention, it's not just here, the same rot is going on throughout the Anglosphere and in Western Europe).

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't care who they sleep with, so long as they are consenting adults. It is none of my business.

It would be foolish to reject the help of those who are opposed to the blatant totalitarian criminality, in the boardrooms, courtrooms, city halls, and even in the streets. We may all end up at some distant barricade together some day.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The problem is that there are legal limits on the ability of the feds to single out a particular location to deprive them of funds/programs that are generally available to everyone.