Author Topic: First responder recounts brutal assault while on the job as staffing shortages plague nation  (Read 282 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 9, 2023 2:00pm EDT
First responder recounts brutal assault while on the job as staffing shortages plague nation
More than 1/3 of EMTs quit their job in 2021 alone, study finds

By Bailee Hill | Fox News

One paramedic is still reeling from an unprovoked assault as first responders nationwide endure brutal assaults amid widespread staffing shortages.

Washington D.C. firefighter and paramedic Myisha Richards said she was attacked in 2020 while responding to a call during the pandemic. She joined "Fox & Friends" Wednesday to recount the harrowing incident that left her traumatized both physically and mentally.

"I responded to a medical call back in July of 2020, and me and my partner wound up getting jumped while trying to render care," Richards told Ainsley Earhardt Wednesday.

"They actually started fighting each other inside the apartment."

"So… because we're trying to be safe, my partner and I stepped out, and they jumped down the stairs and started... assaulting me and beating me up," she continued, with the attack leaving her face bloodied and bruised.

She said today she still endures challenges stemming from the incident, although it hasn't stopped her from continuing her dream to help people in emergency situations.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34