Author Topic: Trump mockery of Christie's weight takes a turn after audience member chimes in: 'Don't call him a f  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
For a long time, Republicans have had to win by more than the margin of Democratic cheating.  That means every vote potentially matters.

Trump, and apparently many of his supporters, believe it is funny when he insults other Republicans in the primary.  I mean, the polls right now show him with more support than all the other candidates combined, so why should Trump or his supporters care if he alienates those Republicans and their supporters?  He's going to win the primary anyway, so what non-Trump Republicans think really doesn't matter.

Except that it may well matter very much if he gets to the general election.  They'll blame the inevitable loss on fraud, the MSM, George Soros, and anyone else they can think of.

What they won't do is look in the mirror and consider how many potential GOP votes stayed home because of how he and many of his supporters behaved, what they did to the rest of the GOP, and how they made the GOP look in the eyes of swing voters.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 10:55:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't understand why Trump wastes his time on Christie, who is no threat to his candidacy.

I don't understand why news is scoured looking for one sentence to post that will put Trump in a bad light and open another avenue for days of cathartic ridicule ----- but the full 90 minute speech chock full of policy initiatives and crowd reactions is summarily ignored.

Offline libertybele

I don't understand why Trump wastes his time on Christie, who is no threat to his candidacy.

Because Christie put Jared Kushner's pappy behind bars. That's why Christie never was given a position in Trump's administration.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I don't understand why news is scoured looking for one sentence to post that will put Trump in a bad light and open another avenue for days of cathartic ridicule ----- but the full 90 minute speech chock full of policy initiatives and crowd reactions is summarily ignored.

Policy initiatives??  He couldn't get the policies he implemented last time around to stick.  Why should another term of his policies be any different??

His bullying is noted because it makes his look and sound absolutely pathetic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

What they won't do is look in the mirror and consider how many potential votes stayed home because of how many of his supporters behaved.

Pro tip:  MAGA is finished with the "who else are you going to vote for  :bs: "

So,  perhaps it's time you invest in one of those magic mirrors you referenced ---- and use it.

Offline corbe

Does Narcan work if you OD on Orange koolaid?  Asking for a Friend.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Such cloying condescension.

No worries.  I'll always forgive you @Lando Lincoln  happy77

Offline Lando Lincoln

No worries.  I'll always forgive you @Lando Lincoln  happy77

She likes me!  She really, really likes me! :tongue2:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

She likes me!  She really, really likes me! :tongue2:

Of course I do ..... It's your limited, outdated, fanciful political POV I reject.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ever been to the zoo and visited the monkey cage, they throw poo at people because they enjoy doing it. Make of that what you will :whistle:

Offline Lando Lincoln

Of course I do ..... It's your limited, outdated, fanciful political POV I reject.

22222frying pan
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Anyone around here remember yesterday when this was considered funny?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Policy initiatives??  He couldn't get the policies he implemented last time around to stick.  Why should another term of his policies be any different??

His bullying is noted because it makes his look and sound absolutely pathetic.

You must not have gotten the memo.  It's not Trump's fault for saying highly offensive, headline-grabbing things.  It's everyone else's fault for noticing them.

Offline LMAO

Would America vote for a morbidly obese president? I know there’s Taft. But that was in the days before television.

And they say that TV can add weight. So Christie would be doubly screwed.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

You can tell your friend that depends on what kind of  drug is in the Kool-Aid

Any respiratory suppressing narcotic, such as fentanyl and morphine, or any derivative of both, yes

Something like rat, poison, or some other household poison, probably not
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

He's ODing!

• Technical

It's funny, sure.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

We joke about him all the time here personally.  I get a big laugh out of it, I admit.  I’m guilty of making fun of Christie (Krispy Kreme) but it’s in private and amongst a bunch of nobodies.  It’s every-day banter.

But it is completely boorish, unprofessional and asinine to do so in public with public audiences.

Yeah, even I wouldn’t do it in a public forum especially if I was in office.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

We joke about him all the time here personally.  I get a big laugh out of it, I admit.  I’m guilty of making fun of Christie (Krispy Kreme) but it’s in private and amongst a bunch of nobodies.  It’s every-day banter.

But it is completely boorish, unprofessional and asinine to do so in public with public audiences.

But, you are doing it in public @the OlLine Rebel

Offline LMAO

It's funny, sure.

Ditto

And I thought his line of not to bother Chris Christie because he’s probably eating at the moment was funny because it probably was true. I don’t know if it’s something that somebody running for the highest office of the land should be saying but it’s still funny.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 03:30:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah, even I wouldn’t do it in a public forum especially if I was in office.

That's a reasonable distinction obvious to anyone with two working brain cells.

People make jokes all the time that might be offensive to some folks, but you also should be mindful of the proper audience for those jokes.  The "Never go full retard" scene from Tropic Thunder is funny, but you wouldn't play the clip while someone who has Down's or something is present.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 03:37:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Didn’t Chris Christie lose some weight there for a while?

I find with people like him, they’ll lose some weight, and eventually, gain it back with interest

I work with a fella that got lap band surgery and blew through that within the first year

There’s a psychological bond that some people have with eating

Barry Goldwater

• Technical

I find with people like him, they’ll lose some weight, and eventually, gain it back with interest

I work with a fella that got lap band surgery and blew through that within the first year

Lap-band is an ineffective surgery, bariatric surgeons don't do it anymore. Gastric Bypass and really the sleeve are the goto surgeries these days. And they literally make it so you have to "graze", eat a little bit for a long time, to gain weight. More effective. Of course even that doesn't always work, as you can "eat around the surgery".

Offline LMAO

Lap-band is an ineffective surgery, bariatric surgeons don't do it anymore. Gastric Bypass and really the sleeve are the goto surgeries these days. And they literally make it so you have to "graze", eat a little bit for a long time, to gain weight. More effective. Of course even that doesn't always work, as you can "eat around the surgery".

On occasion, I will catch that “My 600 pound Life” series that I think is on Hulu. There are patients on there that are on their second surgery.

There is a huge psychology involved in weight loss, especially for people who have allowed themselves to get that big. Surgeries are only Band-Aids.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Chris Christie had  a lap band put in. It wasn't permanent. A sleeve or bypass would have been more permanent

@LMAO
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 03:58:28 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️