Author Topic: Mike Pence admits he believes that he could have stayed the Senate count  (Read 721 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 8, 2023
Mike Pence admits he believes that he could have stayed the Senate count
By Andrea Widburg

Beginning in the summer of 2020, when myriad states, legally and illegally, changed their voting rules in a way that removed all safeguards against fraud, it was clear that there might be problems in November.  Then, on election night, six major precincts — election outcome–changing precincts — stopped counting votes altogether.  When you add in all the other evidence adduced in subsequent weeks showing fraud (including Biden's unbelievably soaring vote count long after the election ended), there was good reason to question the election.  Mike Pence has now conceded that he believes he could at least have opened the path to question election fraud.

On Sunday, former vice president Mike Pence, who is running for the Republican nomination, announced that he's been clear that he had no right to do anything other than to certify the election.  Appearing on CNN's State of the Union (which means he's courting Democrats, who despise him for his stands regarding abortion and homosexuality), Pence defiantly threw Trump under the bus:

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday trashed his former boss Donald Trump for allegedly attempting to overthrow the 2020 election  — and defended his actions on blocking the ex-president from doing so.

"What I want the American people to know is that President Trump was wrong then and wrong now. I had no right to overturn the election," Pence said on CNN's "State of the Union" while stumping in New Hampshire.

"By God's grace, I did my duty under the constitution of the United States and I always will."

Pence, along with Congress, certified the election of President Biden as the winner of the 2020 election — over Trump's objections.

However, when appearing on Fox News, Pence suddenly had a different version of events.  He admitted that he could have rejected the electors on January 6, 2020, which would have turned the matter over to the House of Represents (AKA the people's house), but did not do so because he feared "chaos" (which I take to mean he was afraid of what leftists would do, given their propensity for "mostly peaceful" riots that burn down cities and murder people):

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1688636885898231808

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/mike_pence_admits_he_believes_that_he_could_have_stayed_the_senate_count.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
August 8, 2023
Mike Pence admits he believes that he could have stayed the Senate count
By Andrea Widburg

Beginning in the summer of 2020, when myriad states, legally and illegally, changed their voting rules in a way that removed all safeguards against fraud, it was clear that there might be problems in November.  Then, on election night, six major precincts — election outcome–changing precincts — stopped counting votes altogether.  When you add in all the other evidence adduced in subsequent weeks showing fraud (including Biden's unbelievably soaring vote count long after the election ended), there was good reason to question the election.  Mike Pence has now conceded that he believes he could at least have opened the path to question election fraud.

On Sunday, former vice president Mike Pence, who is running for the Republican nomination, announced that he's been clear that he had no right to do anything other than to certify the election.  Appearing on CNN's State of the Union (which means he's courting Democrats, who despise him for his stands regarding abortion and homosexuality), Pence defiantly threw Trump under the bus:

However, when appearing on Fox News, Pence suddenly had a different version of events.  He admitted that he could have rejected the electors on January 6, 2020, which would have turned the matter over to the House of Represents (AKA the people's house), but did not do so because he feared "chaos" (which I take to mean he was afraid of what leftists would do, given their propensity for "mostly peaceful" riots that burn down cities and murder people):

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1688636885898231808

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/mike_pence_admits_he_believes_that_he_could_have_stayed_the_senate_count.html

Of course he could have!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Of course he could have!

That has never been in dispute.  Of course he "could have" done it.

It just would have been unconstitutional/illegal if he had, and he has never said otherwise.

Likewise, Trump "could have" ordered the military into the streets to stay in office by force.  The order rightly would have been disobeyed, but he "could have" ordered it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:44:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think Pence is the biggest turd in the Republican candidate pool.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Pence definitely has no allegiance to the GOP and is a member of the deep swamp and the good ole DC country club.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

"You mean to tell me that FOUR - that’s  right- FOUR STATES - ASKED FOR THEIR ELECTORAL VOTES BACK 😱

Four states…Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, sent letters to Congress asking for their electoral votes to be returned for further deliberation."

So where are the copies of these alleged letters so that we can verify who actually sent them?  Because from everything I've seen, any such letters came from individuals within the state who lacked the authority to speak on behalf of the state government with respect to the official slate of electors.

For example, I do recall reading that a single State Senator from Arizona, a guy named Jake Hoffman, sent a letter to Pence asking that he not certify Arizona's electors.   But Hoffman had no authority over who Arizona's electors were.  He wasn't "the state" of Arizona asking for the slate to be returned.  He was just a single state legislator who had lost the vote in the state legislature.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 08:06:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

So where are the copies of these alleged letters so that we can verify who actually sent them?  Because from everything I've seen, any such letters came from individuals within the state who lacked the authority to speak on behalf of the state government with respect to the official slate of electors.

For example, I do recall reading that a single State Senator from Arizona, a guy named Jake Hoffman, sent a letter to Pence asking that he not certify Arizona's electors.   But Hoffman had no authority over who Arizona's electors were.  He wasn't "the state" of Arizona asking for the slate to be returned.  He was just a single state legislator who had lost the vote in the state legislature.

Thanks.  Interesting.

There sure is a lot of Goebbels-like shouting and repeating stories to make people think it’s true.  Not just by commie Dems anymore, either.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Thanks.  Interesting.

There sure is a lot of Goebbels-like shouting and repeating stories to make people think it’s true.  Not just by commie Dems anymore, either.

I don't know whether it is due to dishonesty, or just laziness, but the percentage of people who read critically seems to be getting smaller every year.

If they read something they want to be true, they just accept it.  Classic confirmation bias.  How can we even discuss issues, politics, or whatever if we don't even have the same understandings of reality?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 09:31:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bigheadfred

Maybe,but he is facing some serious competition for that award.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Mike Pence admits he believes that he could have stayed the Senate count
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 09:56:15 pm »
@bigheadfred

Maybe,but he is facing some serious competition for that award.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2023, 03:51:18 am »
That has never been in dispute.  Of course he "could have" done it.

It just would have been unconstitutional/illegal if he had, and he has never said otherwise

How many times are you going to repeat this BS?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2023, 04:11:02 am »
Mike Pence is a POS.  BTW, why isn't he indicted for inciting a riot?

"In December 2020 at the TPUSA Summit, Mike Pence said he would keep fighting until ‘every illegal vote is thrown out’ (VIDEO)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1686780757920935936

Jan 3, 2021:  Mike Pence Promises Action on Jan 6. (Video)

https://twitter.com/SteakforPodcast/status/1686580833543675904