Author Topic: Dem Sen., Biden Co-Chair Coons: People ‘Feel Better’ about Own ‘Economic Future’ and They’ll Support  (Read 212 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Sen., Biden Co-Chair Coons: People ‘Feel Better’ about Own ‘Economic Future’ and They’ll Support Biden

Ian Hanchett 8 Aug 2023

On Monday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Biden 2024 Campaign Co-Chair Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) responded to poor polling for President Joe Biden on the economy by stating that people “feel better about their own economic future. They feel they have their feet under them, that they can see growth, they can see opportunities for them.” And eventually, that will turn into people supporting Biden’s economic approach.

Co-host Andrew Ross Sorkin asked, “[T]he question becomes, is this a messaging problem or is this in fact that Americans feel — and it may be a function of inflation and wage growth on a relative level to prices, which have gone much higher — and people sit around and say, this is not such a great economy? And it’s just — it’s very hard to sort of understand what is either a disconnect or not, based on the stats that you cite, and therefore, the polls and the way, apparently, America feels.”

Coons responded, “So, Andrew, three-quarters of Americans feel better about their own economic future. They feel they have their feet under them, that they can see growth, they can see opportunities for them. I’m confident that will gradually translate into confidence that President Biden’s approach to rebuilding our economy from the bottom up and the middle out will prevail over a view that the better way to grow our economy is through more tax cuts for the very wealthiest Americans. You could not see a sharper contrast between former President Trump’s approach to the economy and President Biden’s. And as 25,000 new construction projects get underway in the coming six to nine months, you’re going to see, I believe, more and more Americans credit the job growth, the steady improvement in our economy, the steady strengthening of our place on the world stage, as compared to the chaos of the Trump presidency, they’re going to credit that to President Biden. And I think, going into the elections next year, we’re going to be on a very firm footing.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/08/dem-sen-biden-co-chair-coons-people-feel-better-about-own-economic-future-and-theyll-support-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

There is not a single poll or any kind of evidence to back his claim

Why do so many people who are in public office live in such a world of denial?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There is not a single poll or any kind of evidence to back his claim

Why do so many people who are in public office live in such a world of denial?

Desperation?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maybe if we hear it enough, we'll start to believe it ... until we go to the grocery store, the gas station, and get our utility bills.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright