Author Topic: Illegal immigrants in colleges soar to nearly 2% of population, study finds  (Read 177 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal immigrants in colleges soar to nearly 2% of population, study finds

Vast majority of 408,000 illegal alien college students arrived in the U.S. during their formative years, either as children or teenagers and most often through former President Barack Obama's DACA program.

By John Mac Ghlionn
Updated: August 6, 2023 - 11:02pm

At least 408,000 students without legal documentation to be in the country enrolled in U.S. colleges and universities, yet another system impacted by the surge in illegal immigration, according to a new study.

The new report by the American Immigration Council and the Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education, found that undocumented migrants now account for nearly 2 percent of the higher education population.

The vast majority, the authors noted, arrived in the U.S. in their formative years, either as children or teenagers and most often through former President Barack Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program that blocked deportation of certain foreign youth.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/education/sunillegal-immigrants-colleges-soars-nearly-2-population-study-finds
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson