Author Topic: 756 Smuggled Migrants Headed to U.S. Detained by Mexico Over Weekend  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
756 Smuggled Migrants Headed to U.S. Detained by Mexico Over Weekend

RANDY CLARK7 Aug 202353

Officers with Mexico’s National Institute of Migration (INM) “rescued” 756 mostly Central American migrants in several multi-agency law enforcement operations. The three operations took place in the Mexican States of Oaxaca and Puebla.

On Saturday, 265 migrants from Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras were found sealed in two tractor-trailers in Oaxaca. A total of 491 mostly Guatemalan migrants were encountered in a fenced-in vacant lot awaiting transportation on Friday.

Lacking statutory arrest authority in Mexico, the INM categorizes all detentions related to foreign nationals lacking proper immigration permits as “rescues.” According to INM, in 2022, more than 746,000 irregular migrants, likely headed to the United States, were “rescued” by the agency.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/08/07/756-smuggled-migrants-headed-to-u-s-detained-by-mexico-over-weekend/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson