Author Topic: Pence qualifies for first Republican presidential debate, campaign says  (Read 227 times)

Online Kamaji

Pence qualifies for first Republican presidential debate, campaign says

By Victor Nava
August 7, 2023

Former Vice President Mike Pence has qualified for the first Republican presidential primary debate, which will be held later this month in Wisconsin, his campaign announced Monday.

Pence has received donations from 40,000 individual donors and his campaign on Monday filed the 2024 GOP presidential hopeful’s fundraising numbers with the Republican National Committee for verification, becoming the first campaign to do so, according to Fox News.

Pence had already cracked the RNC’s polling threshold requiring GOP presidential candidates to have at least 1% support in national polls in order to take the stage in Milwaukee, Wisc., on Aug. 23.

“Mike Pence made quick and easy work of the donor threshold, and he’s looking forward to a substantive debate about the issues important to the American people. Hopefully, former President Trump has the courage to show up,” Pence campaign spokesman Devin O’Malley said in a statement to Fox News.

The Pence campaign did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/pence-qualifies-for-first-republican-presidential-debate-campaign-says/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Pence qualifies for first Republican presidential debate, campaign says
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 12:40:44 pm »
Pence's presence on the debate stage likely will lead to each of the candidates being questioned directly on whether Pence was right to say he didn't have the authority under the Constitution to send back the votes to the States.

I'd really like to see each of the candidates answer that question directly.  Was Pence right to refuse that request from Trump, or not?  My guess is that at least some of them won't want to answer that question, which is why it would be a good one to ask.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 12:50:55 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 12:53:52 pm »
 ////00000////

The real elephant in the room is ... Can Vice President Kamala Harris sent disputed slates of Electors back to states, or, not accept them to be counted?

It seems odd that our Founding Fathers would endow one Office with so much uncheacked, unilateral authority.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 01:34:13 pm »
////00000////

The real elephant in the room is ... Can Vice President Kamala Harris sent disputed slates of Electors back to states, or, not accept them to be counted?

It seems odd that our Founding Fathers would endow one Office with so much uncheacked, unilateral authority.

Exactly.  Especially when that one person could very well have a direct, personal interest in the result because he/she may be on the ballot.  It's an absurd argument except to those who put Trump above the Constitution.

I'd really like to hear the other GOP candidates take a stand on that, because it'd be nice to cross some names off the list early on.

Also would kind of be fun to see Trump lose his mind and start a tweetstorm if they all said Pence was right.